Capitulum 9

Zeus was still sitting on his throne, with his eyes directed on me.

I ignored what he said. Really? In the midst of this destruction inside, he still emphasizes his appearance?

"What is happening to you, Zeus?", I asked and his face was once again lighted by the lightning.

"Ah... just experiencing the consequences of angering my great ancestor. Things happened here and there and here I am, blessed with looks that matches the night and abilities that I cannot even control", he said and started walking towards me.

His usual aura was something you can tolerate but this time, it was heavy. Like a dark smoke engulfing your body without any purpose but to suffocate you until death.

He started descending on the mini-stairs and each step he took forward made me step backward.

"I don't know you, and how will I believe anything that you're saying is the truth?"

"Think, my queen. Who dares oppose the Mighty Zeus by disguising as him? That is a death wish which I'd gladly answer if someone dared to."

I took a step back and stepped on a small shard of glass. Thankfully, it did not pierce through my footwear. I took a glance at my back and unfortunately, a broken chandelier is there.

When I faced him again, I almost fell back. He was so close and held my elbows to stop me from completely falling.

"She liked a god with dark looks. Too bad, she cannot witness me now. How about you, my queen? Do you appreciate me more in this appearance?", he asked as he pulled my elbows closer to him.

"Who do you mean?", I directly asked but replied by his annoying silence.

Our faces were getting closer and I felt more uncomfortable. I tilted my head sideways to avoid direct contact with his face.

"For god's sake Zeus, who are you talking about and what is happening to you?", I asked once again and got answered by his silence.

He pulled me close enough for his lips to touch my ear. He was about to whisper something but I used all the strength I could muster and released myself from him.

He was still not answering me that I slapped his right cheek out of anger. I tried to step backwards but little did I know that that was a wrong move. I tripped on one of the chandelier's arms.

I felt my body falling backwards. My eyes opened wide realizing that there was a broken chandelier there.

I anticipated for something that could pierce my back but felt a warm hand. I blinked for a few times and Zeus with his sly grin welcomed me. He was holding my back with his hand and my waist with the other.

"I prefer you lying on my bed than in your own pool of blood."

I felt his hand's grip on my waist tightened.

"Just let me go if you have no intention of explaining."

Our position slightly changed when he straightened his back and helped me stand up properly. His hands remained where they were.

I was staring into his eyes and so did he. His eyes got distracted by the lightning outside and tilted his head to that direction. I didn't follow his gaze instead, I slowly raised my hand to reach his face. My fingers started caressing his cheek where I slapped him. He faced me and held my hand which was touching him. He held it tightly and later on, he brought it to his lips and planted a soft kiss.

"Tell me about your situation. We've got a lot of time in our hands", I said and he just closed his eyes as his grip tightened.

Only the thunders outside were heard and only the lightnings served as a source of light.

"What's with the sudden act, my queen? You prefer my darker look than the usual one? Sorry to say this, but you only get to see me like this once a year."

Realizing what I'm doing, I hastily drew back my hand like I touched something really hot.

"Explain your current state, Zeus. They brought me here thinking I could do something but clearly I don't since I don't know your situation. They should have bothered other god who knew this thing about you", I said with my prided voice and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Of course, they called you since you are my wife. Athena is busy with her strategies in future wars, Poseidon is surely spending some good time with a hydronymph, and Hades, why would he even bother to care for my business?", he said, ignoring the first sentence I mentioned.

"You're running from the real topic. What is happening to you?"

"Just like what I told earlier, experiencing an unforgettable experience which my great ancestor wanted me to."

"The details, Zeus. I need the details. You are speaking vaguely."

His answer was shut off when we heard the double doors open. I looked back and saw Athena in her usual armor, followed by Force and Violence.

"We thought something worse happened so we asked for Goddess Athena", Force said trying to explain Athena's sudden appearance.

"Worse? So you were thinking that something bad happened, huh Force?", Zeus asked with a little mockery on his tone.

"Enough, Zeus. They were just concerned. I will be escorting Hera to her room. Her day started way too early", Athena said and I nodded in response.

"We're not yet done, Zeus. We've still got a long day ahead of us. You successfully dodged my request the first time but I'll make sure to make you talk on the second time", I said and walked carefully until I reached the entrance. Athena wallked ahead of me while Force and Violence closed the door. Before it completely shut, I looked back and saw Zeus still standing on the same area, lighted by the lightning outside.

Zeus' two servants stayed on the main entrance while Athena took me to a bed chamber. It was different from where Zeus sleeps and I just realized that it was on the other side of the palace. Athena noticed me staring at the door.

"I think it's better if you sleep separately for the day", she said like she concluded why we were here, not on Zeus' room.

"I'll get going then", Athena bowed slightly and left. She just took a few steps before I shot my question.

"Athena, did something happen in the past in this palace that even I didn't know of?"

She stopped on her tracks with her back still facing me.

"I don't wish to go ahead of Zeus. Your questions will remain unanswered until Zeus will decide to answer it. Until then, I can't give you any information."

With that, she left and disappeared on the long hallways.

"If you cannot provide me the answers, then I'll provide them myself."

🍀PhilippinianGoddess🍀