Special Ch| Birthday Date

Alternate title: “A side chapter before shit hit the fan”

--

As a child, Desmond had always look forward to his birthday

What child wouldn't?

You were practically the center of attention, you get all sorts of presents, a delicious cake, a party about you and everything else you could imagine.

Alas, now that he has gotten older, it was starting to get…boring.

Don't get him wrong, as a star 24/6 he loved getting all the attention. It was every stars' essence. However, it just didn't feel the same as it used to.

Whenever he wakes up on the day of his birthday, he would always find confetti raining down, banners hanging on the walls of his room, and servants and his family greeting him with smiles on their faces- sometimes he felt like some were plastics.

He once loved waking up to this.

But now, he no longer felt the usual extreme joy, rather a hint of irritation that he was awaken earlier than 8 o'clock and the confetti scattered around the floor.

And the feeling of receiving expensive gifts from party guests, now felt rather bland.

Like seriously, what's he gonna do with a golden crown when he's no royalty? Meh, probably going to use it as a prop for any upcoming movies.

As the party goes on, it was getting quite boring for Desmond's taste. Classical music would be playing in the ballroom, and for once he wanted to hear something else than one genre of music.

He  couldn't relate to the conversations amongst the party goers.

And he so badly wanted to carelessly shoved food down his mouth without having to fear of being judged.

So in short, he was bored. Bored of his own party.

He sighed as he stood between his parents and two rich guests, talking something about politics? Or was it about comparing gardens? He doesn't know anymore, he kind of zoned out after the first 40 words.

As he took a sip of his wine, he glanced at the grandfather clock to see it's already 10 pm.

It's time.

Desmond turned to his mother, since his father was still talking with the guest.

"Mother." He said, immediately catching Priscilla's attention. "I'm going head to bed early tonight."

"Why? The night is still young and you usually would stay for a chat. " She asked.

Fortunately, being an actor has had its perks when it comes to acting and making excuses, and Desmond was quick to make one. "I'll be going off early tomorrow for work." He lied, chuckling a bit. "You know me, always needed acting and needed on set. Star's gotta needed their beauty rest."