4. With a win, comes a loss.

As your first week in Rainbow went by, you and Monika became very close.  You started to train together, hang out together and grab lunch together on most days.  You still spent a lot of time with Seamus and the other operators who you had become good friends with.  All in all, you had settled down well in Rainbow.  The other operators definitely started to notice you, Monika and your ever growing friendship.  One day, when hanging out with Marius (Jäger), who you had become good friends with, he something out to you that made you think.

"I see you getting close to Monika eh? ha ha."

"yeah, she's real nice.  I'll have you know that we're just friends."

"About that.  I'm in the same organisation as her, and i've worked with her for a long time, and to be honest with you, I've never seen her be as close to any male operator as she is to you.  Don't get me wrong, she gets along with us, but not in the way she is with you.  Juuusst sayingg."

 What Marius said to you made you think a lot.  You got excited but once again, you didn't want to get ahead of yourself so you tried to keep calm.  But you couldn't stop yourself, all of the small gestures that continued throughout the week, what Marius told you, all of it together made you begin to slightly believe that she actually felt the same way about you.

You have now been in Rainbow for a week and three days.  You're hanging out with Monika in your room when the p.a system comes online and you hear a familiar voice, who you assume is six, say: "Glaz, Doc, Cox, Ash, IQ please report to the briefing room immediately."

At firs you are confused as to why you're being called down along with the other operators until Monika says "must be your first mission."

"Oh, of course, my introduction week has ended."

"Hey, well that's good news, I'm on it with you!"

This excited you, but you had a bad thought in the back of your head, something that would be your worst nightmare.  You didn't want Monika to get hurt on the mission with you, she was too precious to you already, and you wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.  You decided that this was just another reason to give the mission your all and prevent anyone from getting hurt.

Upon arriving at the briefing room, the other operators were already there, seated, with six standing at the front.

"Hello operators, i hope you are all doing well.  As you may have figured, we have a situation on our hands that we need you five to report to and sort out.  In a suburban house, in the United States, a group of four hostages are being held by the white masks.  Cox, due to your leadership skills, you will be leading the operation.  We need you to head over there tomorrow noon, as time zones would make it around 6AM at this particular part of America.  You are to set up outside the exclusion zone, set up by the local police, drone the house, set up a plan of action, and rescue those hostages.  You are to leave at 12Am tomorrow. You are dismissed."

Walking back, you say to Monika "I've never worked with the white masks, but this operation seems easy enough"  you're naturally confident and keen to keep your 100% success on operations.

"that's what i said before i joined Rainbow, until i realised they're a completely different animal.  I'm sure you'll do a great job, though, you really are one of the best operators i've ever seen"

"ha ha, Thanks.  I've got this."

"We've got this." she says, correcting you.

That night you went to bed thinking about the day you had tomorrow.  Your first operation in Rainbow, you're leading it, and you've got one of the people you care about most in your life on it with you.  You didn't really feel nervous because, obviously, your mental strength was one of your traits, it was just a circumstance you'd never been in before.