Honey

And it's just like honey
When your love comes over me
Oh, baby, I've got a dependency
Always strung out
For another taste of your honey

Tommy's palm was flat out against the head board as he braced himself, his eyes fluttering closed at the pure sensations teeming all over his body. The breath trapped in his lungs couldn't break him away, nothing could.

The soft touch from Annabelle nearly pushed him over the edge, so early.

Looking down at her he found a small smirk playing on her beautiful lips. Oh, she was very aware of the power of persuasion she had over him.

"Are you purposely trying to torture me Annabelle?" He whispered as his hand rested on her stomach, so close.

Annabelle shifted under him and raised a perfect eyebrow "I don't know what you're talking about. I think my request is reasonable" she teased as she slipped her hands to the back of his neck.

"Are you sure?" He asked her, not wanting to push her or force her into taking their relationship to the next stage. Tommy knew they where on a fragile tight rope and he wouldn't be the one to to make it snap.

"Do you not want-"

"Of course I do!" He said before kissing her temple "Given the situation with Grace"

Annabelle huffed and quickly pushed him to the side, pulling the covers around her and glaring his way

"It always comes back to her doesn't it?" She snapped as she shook her head.

Tommy's head spun as he watched her pull away from him. Never in his life had he felt to careless with his words; he hadn't meant to upset her, quite the opposite.

"No I didn't mean that. I just don't want you to do this because you need to prove-"

"Tommy!" She hissed as she leaped out of the bed in just his shirt "Out! Now!" And she rushed to the door and yanked it open.

"Annabelle!" He warned "I'm not going anywhere. Don't be a fucking woman about this and"

Annabelle let out a frustrated scream before slipping through the door. A few seconds later he heard his bedroom door slam and lock across the landing.

"Fuck!" He hissed before he put his head in his hands.

——

Annabelle had left early the following morning for her check up on her recent injuries. Still furious with Tommy she couldn't even bring herself to have idle chat with his driver.

Slipping out of the car she told him to wait for her and checked in ready for Dr Alverton to look her over.

As soon as he met her in the waiting room he held nothing but a big smile.

"Good morning Miss Thorn, you're looking much better. How are you feeling?" He asked as he led her to his office.

"Much better thank you" she smiled.

"Take a seat" and he pointed towards the bed in the middle of the room.

Annabelle took her seat and gently removed her coat, being careful not to put to much pressure on her wrist.

"How's your head?" He asked her once he turned around and took a seat infront of her.

Annabelle smiled "It's fine"

"Your bruises are healing well and there's no signs of delayed injuries" he said before grabbing her wrist and testing her pain threshold.

When she winced he gently let her go "Rest your wrist and in a few more days the pain should stop"