Butterfly

Warning: Below chapter is mature!

Annabelle was in total disbelief. Blinking rapidly she tried to will her tongue to move in her mouth, to say something. The words scrambled in her brain but she was close, her tongue began to move.

"You're pregnant!?" She spluttered as her brain restarted and spat the words out.

Maria beamed over, her eyes full of happy tears as she watched Annabelle grin back with happiness.

"Oh my god Maria! You're pregnant!" Standing up she walked around the table and hugged her friend, squeezing tight "I'm so happy for you. Wow....so you're pregnant!"

Maria pulled away and grinned "I couldn't wait to tell you. Ben wanted to be here but he's pulling an extra shift"

Both ladies took their seats around Maria's table. Annabelle couldn't stop smiling, her best friend deserved all the happiness in the world and it was so satisfying watching it come to fruition.

"This is amazing. Oh Maria you're going to be a wonderful mother"

"I bloody hope so!"

——

Tommy watched as Annabelle slipped out of the car, smiling at his driver as he closed her door. Watching her smile inflated the feeling in his chest that he didn't like jealousy. Tommy wanted to be the only one she smiled for.

Shaking his head he turned around to face his desk and waited for her.

It was only a few minutes before she came bursting into the room, putting aside their recent argument and beaming at him. It made his head spin.

"Why are you so happy?" He mused with a small smirk.

Annabelle sighed before taking a seat in front of his desk "Maria's pregnant!"

"Your best friend?" He asked, he knew who Maria was, she was Annabelle's best friend who wasn't a big fan of his.

"Mhm it's so exciting" she mumbled as she took her hair out of her pin and shook it free. Distracting him. Annabelle's hair wasn't the only part of her to steal his attention. The white blouse was very flattering against her skin.

"How was your doctors appointment?"

Annabelle looked away "Fine, Dr Alverton said I still need to rest my wrist but I don't have to go back for another three weeks"

Tommy was about to ask her about the Doctor that bothered him so much but decided against it. Instead he decided now was the right time to inform her of Graces departure.

Leaning back in his chair he realised just how relaxed they both where in each other's company and he always had to ruin it with his baggage

"Grace is gone Annabelle. Polly and I made sure Grace and her husband left" he was carefully watching her reaction, waiting for the suspicion to cross her face.

"I know" she said as she looked up at him through her eyelashes "I saw Polly, she said that she had it covered but you turned up anyway"

Annabelle threw him a look that he had never seen on his face before. Tommy felt his stomach knot, he knew where she was going with this and how it looked.

"I had to make sure she wouldn't come back. I didn't want this to come between us" and he stood up, walking around his desk and pulling her to him "I'm trying to be more considerate"

Annabelle rested her head on his chest and found his scent instantly soothing. Even when her head was a scrambled mess just being in his presence was enough to keep her sane.