Chapter 1

Author's note:
This is a story I've been working on for some time now and I wasn't sure if I was going to publish it here for everyone to read but I decided to so enjoy I guess. I am also open to suggestions so if anyone actually reads this then by all means contact me with some suggestions. P.S. I wasn't creative enough to make a cover so I just chose a cute picture.

Kobayashi got home from work exhausted and tired.

"I'm home!" She yelled

Kanna shuffled up to Kobayashi and hugged her tightly.

"Welcome home" she mumbled into Kobayashi's shirt.

Kobayashi smiled and placed her hand on Kanna's head. Loud footsteps thundered down the hallway as Tohru sprinted toward Kobayashi.

"Welcome home!" Tohru yelled as she ran

She sprinted to hug Kobayashi but fell on top of her. It took them a moment to recover and realize what was happening, they both blushed immediately and Tohru got off of Kobayashi. They headed into the living room and sat at the table.

"So how was your day at school?" Kobayashi asked Kanna.

"It was fun, we drew pictures of our parents so I drew you" she stated looking at Kobayashi.

Tohru hopped up and happily said: "I'll make tea!"

"Thank you Tohru" Kobayashi said absentmindedly, she looked at Kanna. "You said you drew your parents, why didn't you draw your dragon parents?" Kobayashi asked.

Kanna looked at her and pointed, "You are my mom" she said.

"I- uh- well-" Kobayashi stammered.

"Tea's done!" Tohru piped.

"That was quick" Kanna mumbled

"Thank you Tohru" Kobayashi said as she took her tea and napkin, she put it on the table and noticed writing on her napkin and read it in her head: I love you Kobayashi. She snorted sweetly and looked at Tohru as she looked back. They locked eyes for a moment and smiled a little at each other until Kanna tugged at Tohru's dress and asked for her tea.

"Come sit next to me?" Kobayashi asked politely patting the floor next to her.

"Ok!" Tohru exclaimed and plopped next to Kobayashi.

The three of them spoke and sipped their tea. Little by little Tohru scooted closer to Kobayashi and slipped her hand on Kobayashi's. Kobayashi stopped drinking her tea for a moment but instead of pulling away as usual she twined her fingers with Tohru's. Tohru gasped as she looked at their hands and then at Kobayashi, they both smiled and continued the conversation. After they all finished Tohru reluctantly unwound their fingers and got up to put everyone's cups away.

"Today, as a thank you for helping them, my co-worker gave me room reservations at a hotel near the Sakura Tree Temple and I was wondering if everyone would like to come, there are quite a few rooms available for us" she stated.

Tohru eyes lit up. "Of course, I'm sure Fafnir, and Lucoa would like to come!" Tohru practically yelled.

"Can Riko come too?" Kanna asked.

"If she would like to" Kobayashi replied "Assuming everyone comes we will have to share rooms, Kanna and Riko, Lucoa and Shota, Fafnir and Takiya, and finally Me and Tohru." She informed everyone as she looked at Tohru.

Tohru looked back and smiled slightly, "I'll go ask everyone" Tohru said happily and walked over to the phone, she punched in a few numbers and a second later Lucoa's voice came through the other end. "Hey Lucoa! I was wondering if you and Shota would like to come to the Sakura Tree Temple with Kobayashi, Kanna, and me?" Tohru asked enthusiastically.

"I would love to come, let me ask if Shota wants to join us." She said, "Shota, would you like to come to the Sakura Tree Temple with Kobayashi, Tohru, Kanna, and me?" She asked Shota.

"NO WAY I'LL GO WITH A DEMON LIKE YOU! Shota retorted.

"That's a yes, we will come" Lucoa replied.

"Great! See you Saturday?" Tohru asked.

"Of course, goodbye" Lucoa said.

"Bye!" Tohru hung up, "Lucoa and Shota are coming!"

"Great, can Fafnir come?" Kobayashi asked.

"I'll ask" Tohru replies enthusiastically.

After a little while Tohru turned away from the phone. "He said he has nothing better to do so he'll come" Tohru told Kobayashi.

"Ok, I'll call the hotel later" Kobayashi said.

Tohru looked at Kobayashi and tilted her head, "What about Elma and Takiya?"

Kobayashi smiled in return and said, "I asked them at work and they said they would come."

Tohru nodded, "I'll start packing!"