~Ducklings~

~Aizawa's POV~   

    This morning I woke up to a delicious smell. After a moment I realized what it was. I bolted into the kitchen to see Hizashi cooking pancakes and bacon. After a moment, he looked back and noticed me watching from the doorway. He walked over and embraced me in a hug. "Morning Sleepyhead," he said. "Mornin' 'Zashi," I replied, my drowsiness catching up to me. "You hungry?" he asked as he set the food on the table. I nodded furiously. Hizashi laughed slightly. I looked up at him, "What?" "Your drooling," he said, grinning. I quickly wiped my mouth, "Am not-" "Sure, whatever you say Aizawa. Shall we eat?"

      After breakfast, we took a walk around the town. We stopped at a pleasant looking park. Nice and quiet; just the perfect atmosphere. While we were watching the ducks in the pond with their ducklings, Hizashi looks at me. "Yes?," I ask. "Don't those ducks and their ducklings look so happy?" he asked in return. "I suppose. Why do you ask?" "I want ducklings," he said wistfully. "Ducklings?! 'Zashi why on earth do you want ducklings?" I asked quite confused. "What I mean is I want us to have little ducklings of our own," he explained. "You don't mean children, right 'Zashi?" I asked. "I do-" he said.

     The walk home was silent. I was contemplating what he had said. Children are loud and annoying but also cute. I was conflicted but in my heart, I knew a child would make 'Zashi happy. By the time we were home, my mind was made up. As we walked in the door, I looked at Hizashi. "Okay, ducklings huh, I like the sound of that," I said. Hizashi's face lit up with happiness. He celebrated so loud I had to use my quirk to make him be quiet.

   We agreed that we'd look for orphanages to adopt from and see what we find. We'd start our search the next day. I wouldn't stop searching until we found the kid that makes 'Zashi happy.