Chapter 2 ( why me father?)

"Anna pls open the door!"

I looked at the time it was 12 ;30 , i was through with my  house chores.

Something was strange about them this night , madam would have been asleep by now, oga would have been at the balcony drinking his liquor as usual, Maria , their only girl ,would have been in the sitting room , watching her favorite show, victor would have been in their room chatting with his numerous girlfriends.

But now , it was strange, they were all behaving strangely, as if they were waiting for something to happen, it got me scared because I didn't know what was wrong!"

I wanted to ask her what she said , perhaps I didn't here clearly but the way she looked at me  was sure ,dreadful .

The knock came again but this time more harder .

I quickly rushed to the door and unlocked it , wanted to look at the face of the person but he gave me a hard push that landed me on the floor.

I looked at my family but no one was worried about how injured I was , their attention were focused on the men that came .

"And where is the girl? And let her better be worth the money , or else !"

"What are there talking about? What's going on? And why is my dad staring at me ? She thought.

They attention were focused on me , the other man had to drag me up.

" ok! Not to bad, give him the letter to sign!"

" Dad !  What's going on?" I asked almost breaking down , never wanted to believe that I was used to pay for his debt , but why did I have to pay for his debt , he did the business not me , I had to work to fed myself, he never spend a dime on me , is it because am not his child. The thought of it forced tears to slide.

" Am sorry Anna! This is the only thing you can do for us , at least we gave you a name , we gave you shelter and we fed you, am sorry"

I sniggered at his explanation, it was never enough to sale me out .

" you all are wicked! You are heartless, I thought that at least you considered me as a human being, how can you do this to me father!" She shrieked

" take her away! And make sure you inject her the drugs "

"No am not going anywhere,at least give me an answer father, pls! "  struggling with the man that held my hands

All I wanted was an answer to my question, I looked at my mum , she couldn't look at me not even my siblings that I love so much , even when they hated me .

" I have been betrayed ".

I cried all the way before I slowly doze off , waking up in a place that was beyond recognition.

I was not the only one kept there , they were many of us, many young girls and children . The sight of it send shivers down my spine, my eyes were focused on two siblings, that were as confused as I was , other girls were still asleep , which kept me wondering, how on earth can someone sleep when death isn't far from you.

She was holding her little sister so tight that I felt for them.

I know I was going to die, have come to agree with that already , I can willing surrender my self to be killed , so that I won't have to watch others being killed .

"Hey ! Am Gloria , what's your name?

I looked beside me , to see a pretty girl  staring at me smiling , I felt warmth for the first time .