xl. sparks

I faked a smile as I saw you walking towards the table I am currently sitting. You looked different but you're still the same. I hope.

You smiled a little before you kissed my forehead and sat down. You grew inches taller, your hair became longer, you became paler, more tired and stressed than usual. The bags under your eyes are evident. And I don't like it.

"Do you feel it?" I asked, feeling in ecstasy. His love makes me feel high and happy.

One of your brows shot up and your nose wrinkled, "What?"

I chuckled and pinched his nose, "The sparks. Do you feel it?" I held his hand, then looked at the skies. I wish this would never end.

"Yeah," he agreed. "It tickles my whole body especially my heart. Your touch can be deadly, you know?"

I smiled bitterly, while looking at you, looking bored while munching your favorite pizza flavor. In a span of months with little to no communication, we've come to this. And it nothing hurts more than seeing you like this.

Us.. like this.

Our foundation was really strong. We were so sure that we can withstand any obstacle in this relationship. But why do I feel like you're slowly slipping away from me?

After a long silence, I held your hand. "Jungkook," You seem surprised by it but you just kept mum, "Do you still feel it?"

You looked troubled, "Hmm?" and your brows shot up. "Feel what?"

Sighing, I held your hands a little bit tighter, "The sparks. Do you.." I said, feeling my throat became dry and my voice was already shaking.

You exhaled deeply, tiredly. "I.." you paused and squeezed my hand, "I don't know. I don't know why, Lisa. The sparks are not there anymore," regret and pain was really evident in his voice.

I know. He's in pain because he tried, too. He exerted effort even when we're away from each other. He'll call me every 2 days just to see my face and look after me even though he's busy with academics, extracurricular activities, and his job.

We both wanted to work this out. But it seems like we are not just for each other.

I raised my hand, signaling him to stop. I can't even breathe well anymore, "Okay, you may stop there. I don't want to hear what you'll gonna say,"

But instead of stopping, he just continued, sighing. "The sparks are gone, Lis,"

My vision became blurry, "Stop!" I pleaded, almost shouting. I don't want to cause a commotion. "Please," I said with a small voice.

Chuckling, I stood up, let go of his hand, and wiped my own tears, remembering what you had said to me before.

"Sparks aren't forever, Lisa," you said while running your fingers through my hair, "It can last for days, weeks, months, years, or decades. But it'll be gone,"

I rolled my eyes, "You always say that, baby," I frowned. "I already know that,"

He chuckled and pinched both of my cheeks, "I know, love. What I am saying is," he paused for a bit so he can reach for my hand and intertwine his fingers with mine, making me smile unconsciously. "When we are both lost, tired, and feeling that the sparks are gone, one of us should remind the other that sparks doesn't equate to love. And love is not just a shallow thing to feel." he squeezed my hand and kissed my temple, "Alright?"

I smiled giddily and buried my face on his neck, "Alright,"

Now that I remembered it, I immediately turned back only to see Jungkook at my back, with tears in his eyes, too.

Tears kept coming but that didn't stop me from hugging him.

Our love is not shallow. Things will work out well. I trust us.

***

hi! :) how are you all doing? i hope you are all doing fine.

belated happy birthday to my forever love, jeon jungkook. <3

stream dynamite & ice cream.

wait.. before i end this, if you want to read other lk aus, i've posted some social media aus so if you want, just check my profile! :) thank you so much!

always take care.

- k