XII

Cat's POV

A/N: it was really hard to make cat seem like the season 2 version that i'm trying to use, so she is going to be sounding a lot like season 1 cat during any of her POVs. During beck's POVs, she should seem like she's the season 2 version of herself if i'm doing my job

Beck pulled away and I gasped for air. Tori looked so upset, and I felt kind of bad about it before I remembered all of the mean things she said to me. The rest of the class was clapping and whistling, which just made me blush like a tomato. Beck looked completely fine and just smiled at me before sitting back down. I saw Robbie and he looked like he was a little upset too. I don't know why, though. I didn't do anything wrong! "Well done, Beck, Cat. Please have a seat," Sikowitz was grinning like my brother did when he ate noodles with mayonnaise. 

I just nodded and sat down next to Jade, blushing. Her lips were pressed into a thin line. "Jadey?" I whispered. "Are you mad at me?"

"Find me after class," she responded. My brows creased. Is she mad at me? Oh no, Jade's mad at me! I did something terrible to my best friend and now she's gonna hate me forever and I don't know what to-  

The bell rang and snapped me out of my thoughts. "Alright children, begone!" Sikowitz rushed out of class and I giggled.

I looked over at Jade and she grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the janitor's closet. "What's wrong, Jadey?"

Jade just locked the door and frowned. "I didn't like it when you kissed him," she stated bluntly. 

I blinked. "Why?" 

She sighed, rubbing the sides of her head. What were those called? Templies? Templers? "You know why, Cat." I just frowned.  I do? Jade saw that I was very confused and sighed again, which made me frown. Why is she so mad? "You know how I feel about Beck. Love doesn't just vanish overnight; I want him back and you know it. And then I have to watch you two kiss..." she trailed off. 

My cheeks heated up again and my eyes started welling up. I completely forgot about Jade's feelings for him still! "I'm so sorry, Jadey! I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry, and I promise I'll never do anything like that ever again, and you're my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I'll never hurt you again and-" 

Jade clamped her hand over my mouth, but she was smiling, and that made me smile. "I know you didn't mean it, Cat. I just needed to get it off my chest. Of course you two are still friends and all, so don't you worry about me splitting you two up over a stupid kiss," she laughed a little bit. 

I giggled, wrapping my arms around my best friend. "Do you forgive me?"

She chuckled. "I forgive you." 

I smiled and left the janitor's closet, only to run into a tall person with a muscular chest. "Oh, sorry!" I chirped, but started blushing when I saw it was Beck.

"Hey, Kit-Cat. Off in space again?" He chuckled and I just giggled.

"Maybe? What are you doing?" I asked, noticing the papers he was holding.

Beck glanced down at what he was holding. "Oh, this is just some class stuff. You wanna tell me what you and Jade were doing in the janitor's closet? Or is that private?"

"It's a secret!" I blurted. "You can't know!" I quickly rushed away, but his hand caught my arm. I flinched at the contact; Danny would do the same thing.

Beck's eyes widened. "Oh, Cat. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," I whispered. "You weren't going to hurt me."