Alignment

The smell of burning pork belly pervaded the backyard of Seorak Garden Villas, a pension in Sokcho. The sound of people chatting faintly heard from the red-green building on the side of the yard. A group of people were inside the glass-walled building, surrounding one of the griller; only one man stayed outside, sitting on a swing, burning a cigarette while gazing at the dark mountain. He looked at the people inside the building and wondered, why in the world he was there.

Four men sat on a table, chatting happily expecting the barbecue dinner they were about to have

Four men sat on a table, chatting happily expecting the barbecue dinner they were about to have. Min Hyo Rin sat just two chairs from them looking very uncomfortable and out of place, she looked at the group of men and thought that it was not the kind of group that would want to be around her. She then looked at the three persons who were grilling the meat, a sibling and an ex-lover. She thought the group had so many histories that they would not want anyone outside of the circle. In the end she just sat there, starting to feel regretful that she ever came to that pension.

Shin Hye put a slice of lamb intestines to the hot grill; the sizzling sound, the dripping fat and the alluring smell of a burned meat instantly emptied her stomach. She just had a bowl of ramen a few hours ago but she was already drooling from the thought of the tasty smelling food that she was grilling. The Jung siblings were bickering, as always, about which part of the lamb they wanted to grill next. In the end the older half of the sibling was kicked out and ended up losing his job as one of the griller. He pouted when he lost his chance in cooking with Shin Hye and just walked to the dining area.

Yong Hwa looked at the dining table; Park Hyung Sik, Yoo Seung Ho, Kang Min Hyuk were laughing about something; the group looked so fun and he wanted to join them. But then he saw Jung Il Woo looking rather enigmatic beside Min Hyuk. Yong Hwa was not sure whether he liked or disliked being there, he had not interacted with the ex-bestfriend for so many months, it seemed that his instinct towards that man was getting rustic. Back in the day, Yong Hwa could read him like the back of his hand.

After pondering awhile, he decided to sit beside the fashion editor who was looking very awkward and fidgety at the end of the table, he thought she might need a company even though he did not really know what to talk about with her. Interacting outside of the office nor work matter was never the case for them, so being in pension for an MT for three days could be a bit of a challenge. Yong Hwa felt a pair of eyes suddenly shot at him, the owner of the eyes tensed up when he took a seat beside the girl. The said girl looked at him, frowning, like he was disturbing her daydream.

"So you took a taxi all the way to Sokcho?" Yong Hwa tried to start a conversation. She nodded. "Wow! That must have cost you a fortune... you should have called us, or them!"

"I didn't know you were coming." She said shortly

"A bus would be a better choice..." he added

"I don't like to ride with strangers." she replied quick

Yong Hwa pursed his lips realizing the unwelcomed situation he was in; but it was better than with the other group where his ex-bestfriend belonged to. So he withstood the icy reception of the girl and continued, "Did you ever go to an MT?"