Chapter 1

Zayn is 11

Harry is 3 months old

Daniel is 11

Gemma is 11

****

Zayn was sitting in the back seat of the black Honda Civic. He was on his way to his new foster home. He didn't expect it to be different from any of his other homes. He had just come out of a home in which he was starved for 2 days because the family were alcoholics, and they had 3 other foster kids and four of their own.

Luckily, a social worker came for an inspection. What she found terrified her. Zayn had only been there a week. Most of the other kids were starved for weeks. But, believe it or not, this wasn't the worst thing that happened to Zayn.

"They just had a baby." His social worker, Janice, said.

"Huh?" Zayn asked.

"The Styles. Your new Guardians." She looked through the rearview mirror. Janice thought there was something off about zayn. He always seemed to be thinking or imagining. He didn't talk much, and he certainly didn't listen much. But, what surprised her more was he actually responded.

"Great. They'll have no care in the world for me if they have a newborn screaming and wailing" Zayn said in a dead tone, but his face contorted in anger. He just wanted to have a mother figure. He had sisters. When they were born, Zayn barely got attention from his parents. And if they have a baby now, chances are, Zayn will be ignored.

"Zayn, they are great people. They have another adoptive child. I believe the boy's name is Daniel. You'll love them." Janice argued.

"Yeah, right." Zayn said in a rude tone. But, Janice didn't say anything. That boy had seen his whole family gunned down, then he was put into homes that abused him in many ways. She just hoped that this would be the home for him.

She was the social worker for Daniel 9 years ago. He was the sweetest boy, and same as Zayn, was put into terrible homes. But when she found the Styles, she was overjoyed. The family back then was looking for a child that was 3, the same age as their biological daughter, Gemma.

And boy, when she checked up on that boy, he was practical glowing. Looked like her just walked out of the silver scream. He jumped up and down on the trampoline in the back yard and all sorts of fun things. After 3 months, the Styles filed for adoption for Daniel.

"We're here." Janice said as she pulled up to the modern family suburban home. It looks just like it did 9 years ago, except there were a couple new toys scattered around the lawn.

Zayn grabbed his backpack and started to slowly make his way up the stairs to the small porch. Janice knocked on the door and it was opened after 5 seconds, by a lady that still had a bit of baby weight, she was holding a baby that had barely any hair on its head, but that was not what Zayn noticed, it was those piercing green eyes that he paid attention to.

The baby was sucking on a binky and had a light blue bunny tightly clenched into its head. The baby looked down on Zayn. He looked at him for a few seconds before handing him his blue bunny.

"Oh my gosh. Harry must really like you already if he gave you his bunny. He doesn't even let up to touch it." The woman holding Harry said in shock. Zayn was still looking at the tiny baby where the woman said.

"I am so rude. I am anne. This is baby Harry, or Hazza, the rest are inside. Would you like to come in Janice for some coffee?" Anne asked. Zayn numbly nodded, still focused on Harry. Anne led the way in and Zayn noticed how spacious the house was. The walked in the living room, only to find a girl and a boy Zayn's age, play a board game.

"This is Gemma," Anne pointed to the Girl. "And this is Daniel." She gestured  to the boy. "How about you play with Gemma and Daniel while I go discuss details with Janice." She then took Harry and set him down in a play pin in the middle of the room. Zayn nodded numly and walked over to the 11 year olds.

"Can I play?" Zayn asked quietly.

"Sorry, we already started the game." The boy automatically replied, still focused on the game. Zayn nodded and went over to Harry's play pin and sat down in front of Harry, who was chewing on a rattle.

Harry looked up at Zayn, took out his binky, and gave the most beautiful, toothless smile. He had little dimples that happily dented.

And from then on, all Zayn wanted to do was protect little baby Hazza.

****

Look up pictures of baby harry styles, he was soooooo cute. :3

Thank you for reading  this book, and i want to give a shoutout to my bestie Arfbomb44 .