Chapter 2

Zayn is 12

Harry is 13 months old

Daniel is 12

Gemma is 12

****

Zayn and Hazza were outside playing in a baby pool. It was mid summer and Harry was in a pair of baby trunks and floaties. He has sunblock smudged all over his cheeks and shoulders and has a little hat.

Harry was splashing and playing with a big beach ball that is way too oversized for the pool.

Zayn was sitting down just enjoying the water. Ever since he got there, Hazza and Zayn have been attached at the hip. Harry barely let Zayn go to school. He would cry and fuss, but Zayn would coo at him and kiss his head.

Anne and Desmond were very surprised, because Harry didn't like Daniel or Gemma. They didn't really know why Harry took a great liking to Zayn.

Harry slashes Zayn on the chest and giggles. Zayn smiles brightly and picks Harry up and lays him in between his legs.

Harry lays back into Zayn's bare chest.

"You comfortable?" Zayn asks, even though he knows he's not going to get an answer. Harry doesn't talk yet, most babies start saying words at 12 months, but Harry hasn't yet. He just likes to hold onto something— most of the time it's Zayn— and stand.

Harry just snuggles into Zayn. Zayn rubs Harry's chubby belly while he looks at Harry.

Harry starts to babble, making useless noises but Zayn always payed attention. He started to notice a pattern. Harry would make a sound like "wasy" a lot. Every other babble "word". So maybe, in Harry's little language, "wasy" was a vowel.

Harry then looked at Zayn, with a look that looked like he wanted Zayn to comment on something he said. Zayn shook his head.

"I can't understand you Hazza."

Harry looks very mad and irritated but non the less, Harry stands up. Holding onto Zayn's shoulders for support. Looked Zayn in the eyes.

"Zawyn!" He practically screams. And the whole family looks at Harry from where they were in the yard. Zayn is shocked.

"You did it Hazza!" Zayn says after a minute of shock. His name was Harry's first word. He was glowing with happiness.

Harry just looks at him. Zayn puts his hand on Harry's hips so he can stand without holding onto Zayn's shoulders. Harry puts his thumb in his mouth and goes to sit back down. Like he didn't just say 'Zayn' as his first word.

"Good job Hazza." Anne smiles. She knew her son was holding back so he could say something important. And she guesses that Zayn was important to Harry.

"Zawyn. Zawyn. Zawyn." Harry repeats once he is sitting back down in between Zayn's legs.

Zayn smiles brightly and tucks a curl that fell out of the hat behind his ear.

"You did so good baby." Harry's dad compliments. He really didn't like how close Harry was with Zayn. But, Harry loves Zayn more than he biologically sister, so there is nothing he can do.

"I wuv Zawyn." Harry mumbles but it was loud enough for Zayn could hear and he smiled. He wrapped his arms around Harry and picked him up.

He places Harry so he is holding him with one arm at his hip. He walks inside and goes to Harry's room. He changed Harry so they could play on the play house outside. His outfit is a green pair of overalls and a dinosaur shirt.

He picks Harry up again and walks back down stairs and walks out to the playhouse.

-

After a long day, the family settles in the living room, watching Aladdin, Harry's favorite movie.

Half way through the movie, Harry points at a little cheetah stuffed animal on an ad. He continues to point at it until it's gone.

Harry quickly settled down and watched the movie again, but all Zayn could think about is that Harry wanted that. Harry should get whatever he wants.

So. Zayn starts to plot. What Harry wants, Harry should get. Well in Zayn's mind that's how it goes.

****
Loved this chapter so much. It is kind of short but this is just a filler— kind of. It will lead for something big to happen. Love you all.