8

"Are you ready?" Calum asked the little girl in the back seat of his Range Rover. When the transport he'd planned to get her to the gym had failed he'd called in to the studio sick and gone to get her himself. She'd been let down too many times in her young life already, he didn't want to do that to her again.

"Yeah! I can't believe I'm gonna meet a real gymnast!"

He smiled as he put the SUV in park and opened the rear door for her. She unclipped herself from the borrowed booster seat and climbed down, her eyes widening at the sight of Holland's gym.

"Woah, it's so big."

"Yep! Come on, Holland's waiting for you."

Calum glanced down as he felt her tiny hand slip into his. The small gesture meant a lot to him since he knew she wasn't quick to trust others.

They walked hand in hand to the front door, and Calum held it open for her as they entered.

"Hey! I wasn't expecting to see you!" Holland said with a smile as she walked out of her office and headed for them. "And you must be Chloe! It's so nice to meet you."

Chloe's eyes widened and she took a step backwards, half hiding behind Calum.

"Well that's adorable." Holland told him quietly as she kissed his cheek. "I thought you got a car to bring her?"

"The center didn't have an adult that could accompany her so I had to do a sign out so she wouldn't miss you guys time together."

"And the studio?"

"I might be playing hooky." He smirked.

"So you'll stay then?"

"If that's alright with you and Chloe." He said, returning his attention to the girl who still held his hand but had moved to stand beside him, her pointer finger in her mouth as she bit her fingernail.

"Sounds good to me. What do ya think Chloe?" Holland asked, leaning forward and closer to the child's level.

She nodded and followed after Holland once she had been waved forward.

"I heard you really like cartwheels!" Holland said excitedly as Calum took the opportunity to take a seat on the bleachers usually reserved for parents.

Chloe excitedly nodded at Holland as she was led on to the large blue mat and encouraged to show her stuff.

She raised her hands above her head and bent her front knee before executing a perfect cartwheel just as Calum had witnessed a few days earlier.

The corner of his mouth slipped upward into a grin as Holland's eyebrows raised and age shot him a small smile.

"That was so good, Chloe!" She praised the girl as Calum watched on. "Do you know what a round off is?"

Chloe shook her head no and Holland proceeded to provide her with instruction and support until only a few minutes later the girl was able to complete the simple move perfectly.

"Hey guess what?" Holland asked.

"What?" Chloe said back, her eyes still wide and excited.

"That thing over there, with the black floor? It's a big trampoline! Why don't you go try it out while I talk to Calum for a minute? That okay?"

She wandered happily away and Calum stood as Holland approached.

"She's great!" Holland said in an excited whisper. "Her cart wheels are literally perfect I can't believe she's never had any real training."