21.

It has been some months of peacefulness and everything is going smoothly. There have been small fights about Taehyung's habit of spending too much but it had turned lesser and lesser now. Before, he used to buy bunches of things every single week, and saying that each one of them is expensive is the biggest understatement of the year, of course. Now he'd buy one at a time. Still pricey but at least... that some progress! Right? Apparently, it was big progress if we're going to base on Jeongguk's statement: "You're getting thrifty. I like it. Keep it up."

For some sort of outrageous reasons, Taehyung found those words really—I mean, extraordinarily hot. You know, with the proud look on his face that somehow managed to not look annoying in Taehyung's eyes. Unless the fact that he does not really look that annoying, it is, rather, a clause used to keep a hidden fact.  

Going back to the topic of spending, Taehyung would always remember to buy something for that kid in the orphanage—Taegguk, and his friends which he kept a secret from Jeongguk. He thought being close to an orphan and being a married man without a child is something too coincidental that people might think he's planning to adopt the boy. He kind of does. But, on that account, he doesn't wanna freak Jeongguk out. He can imagine himself fighting with Jeongguk saying: "Why would you adopt!? We're having a divorce after a year and some months. Don't raise a kid's expectations of having a family!"

He can imagine the boy being mad. And he cannot deny that it actually hurt at some point. The fact that Jeongguk, maybe, doesn't want a kid to add up to his burden. And the fact that the kid's dream of a family would be burned down. He knew how it felt to have a family that made you so happy. And then see it be torn apart. 

So, his plan is like this. He would take the boy after the whole marriage thing. Explain why he had to separate from his husband(ex-husband by that time) and assure him that they are no less than a family with or without another person. But to him, even the fact that he'd be having a divorce is way too sad. After all, he's still not having a family of his own. It would be another story of a kid and a father. Like his own story. That thought made him think so much and feel so lonely. 

Jeongguk however, knows that something has been bothering Taehyung but he didn't talk about it. Instead, he intended to take him out to some simple dates. Sometimes with their parents or Taehyung's friends. But sometimes, only the two of them. 

"What time are you leaving?" Taehyung asked as he helped Jeongguk with packing his things. The tone of sadness is in his voice could be heard yet Jeongguk did not give him much attention.

"The flight is 21:00," He said and Taehyung nodded and hummed. "Tae, Please... I don't want the last time to--"

"It won't! I will call for someone to clean the house every weekend and would do the dishes by myself. Don't worry..." He said with a pout as he looked at the back of the man who's facing the cabinet. "How long will you be gone, though?" He asked and that's when Jeongguk turned to look at him.

"Why? Feeling lonely without me?" The other teased again and honestly, Taehyung would never get used to these. To him, those simple teases are really annoying! It's like Jeongguk wanted him to say something he doesn't wanna say...

"Stop teasing. You're really so annoying!" Taehyung mumbled sadly. He kept his eyes low and actually hope for Jeongguk to cup his cheeks and maybe peck his lips? 

But that did not come.

Until the time comes that Jeongguk had to leave and actually left, he did not receive a kiss nor a hug just like the first time. But Taehyung felt worse this time that even if it's late, he had to call Jimin and ask him to come over.

"Chim, do you think that Jeongguk does not care for me?" he asked as he's being cuddled by Jimin in their guest room bed. Jeongguk doesn't like that other people use their bed so it has been a rule that no one else must lay on their bed aside from Taehyung and of course, Jeongguk himself.