Twenty Three - Acceptance

It had almost been two weeks since Dylan had left the house

It had almost been two weeks since Dylan had left the house. He had never planned on blurting everything out to Rosalie like that, but the words had escaped his mouth in the heat of the moment.

Even though, he had decided to come clean to her on the day she told him she was pregnant, her reaction had stopped him from going any further with his plan. After that, he wanted to stay away from her to prevent his feelings from developing any further. But when she completely started ignoring him in return, he only became more miserable.

He always had a feeling that Rosalie didn't feel the way for him as he did for her, but when he had actually confessed everything, a small part of him had still hoped that she would return his feelings. She had kissed him back, giving him even more hope, only to crush it a few seconds later. He had felt so angry and hurt. He still did.

He couldn't blame her, though. She had always only thought of him as a player that couldn't have any feelings. Heck, until a few months ago, he himself had believed that as well. Of course, she wanted to keep her distance from him.

She had called him a few times during the past three days but he couldn't bring himself to answer. He was still upset over everything that happened. He knew he still had to pretend that they were married but he needed some time alone to get his shit back together. Hearing her voice would only make things worse.

It was raining again today and Dylan was working in his room. He heard faint thumping against a door but ignored it. When it continued for a little while and slowly started getting louder, he realised someone was outside his house and knocking on his door. He quickly got up and ran downstairs as the knocking got louder.

"Dylan Pierce, open this damn door before I freeze to death in this rain."

It was Rosalie. He rushed and opened the door, confused about why she was here. She was wearing jeans and a black top and holding her purse over her head to protect her from the rain. It wasn't really helping much since she was drenched from head to toe.

"What the fuck, Rose," he yelled as she ran inside past him.

"Is that how you greet someone when they come to your house," she asked while walking through the hallway and into his lounge. She looked around for a couple of seconds, having been here for the first time, and dropped her bag onto the couch.

When Dylan didn't say anything, she spoke again. "Will you at least get me a towel?"

He was still dumbstruck by seeing her here. He quietly walked into the guest bedroom and grabbed her a white towel.

"Why are you here, Rose," he asked while handing it to her.

"What? Can't a girl just show up unannounced to her husband's house," she smirked as she dried her hair.

"Don't call me that," he growled.

He could see the hurt in her eyes when she looked up at him. They stared at each other for a while before Rosalie cleared her throat.

"I called you a few times," she mentioned as she threw the now wet towel on the couch.

"I know. I was busy," he replied curtly.

Rosalie nodded and stayed quiet for a few seconds before she spoke again.

"Anyway, I came to apologise."

"I don't need any apologies," he immediately cut her off.

"Just... Let me speak," she raised a hand to shut him up. Dylan reluctantly obliged.

"I know the way that I behaved with you was wrong. I shouldn't have done that. I was scared and confused about all these feelings I had for you, so I tried to push you away in the hope that it will make everything better," she started as she waved her hands around.

"When you told me you loved me, I couldn't bring myself to say it back. Partly because I had never wanted to fall in love with anyone. But mostly because I didn't really understand what I was feeling. And when you left, I thought that maybe spending some time apart would be good for me. That it would make all of those feelings go away," she said in between sniffs and then paused.

"I'm sorry, I have a cold. Could you hand me a napkin or something," she chuckled nervously.

Dylan took out a napkin from the box on the coffee table and offered it to her. She mumbled a quick thanks as she took it and wiped her nose before she spoke again.

"The truth is, I was only more miserable after you left. I missed hanging out with you. Whenever anything remotely interesting happened to me, you were the first person that I wanted to tell. When I got sick, I wanted you to take care of me. When I went shopping, I wanted you there with me. Long story short, you are on my mind all the time," she chuckled nervously.

"Not Cole or anyone else. Only you," she added.

She walked over to her purse and pulled out some papers. When she walked back, Dylan realised she was holding their marriage contract.

"I don't want things between us to end. Not now and not in a year," she informed and then tried to rip the contract. She struggled with it as it was a thick bundle of pages.

"Rose, you don't have to," Dylan started to stop her but she finally succeeded in tearing it through the middle.

"I love you, Dylan," she said as she looked up at him. "I'm sorry it took me so long to realise it. But, I love you," she added as she stepped closer to him.

"Now will you please go back to being my annoying husband? I fucking miss your stupid face," she said as she tilted her head and grinned at him.

"I miss your stupid face too," Dylan chuckled at her as he wrapped his arms around her waist and in an instant his lips met hers. The kiss was short as Rosalie instantly pulled away.

"No, I don't wanna get you sick," she sniffed.

"Doesn't matter, this is happening," he replied as he buried his head in her hair and pulled her in his embrace.

"I told you not to fall in love with me," he joked.

"Alright, where's that contract? I'm sure I can tape it up," she said as she pulled away and spun around.

"No!" Dylan almost shouted as he grabbed her wrist and yanked her back, crashing his lips onto hers.