SOFT

The front door opens, and light squeaks fill the one bedroom apartment. Every light had been off except the light coming from the tv in the living room. There sat an anxious Kennedy. Her eyes focused on the tv screen.

"Here yo' damn pads." Darnell flung a Walmart bag across the room to intentionally hit Kennedy. "And why them shits cost so much?"

His question and antics went unnoticed. Kennedy's focus had been solely on the tv. It was the local news channel that had her attention. She patiently waited for the anchor to cover the shooting she had been involved in yesterday. With their experience in Chicago, she knew there had to be coverage for the story.

"You welcome bae," he playfully mocked as his 5'11, lengthy-frame hovered over Kennedy. "That's what I want to hear."

"You are a fucking joke Nell," her voice appeared annoyed.

"You always take me as a fucking joke, but that's not how I take you."

Kennedy rolled her eyes while turning the volume up.

"Bet," he spoke as he walked further towards the kitchen. "63rd ass bitch." He yelled.

In a quick motion, her attention shifted from the tv to Darnell. "Aht bitch, yo ass gon' end up with them hot shells." She threatened.

He laughed. "Now I get yo' attention. You love me mama. You can't shoot me."

"Yeah, aight." She nodded.

Kennedy stood to her feet and walked into the kitchen. "They saying the shooting from yesterday was acc-accidental, and the couple in the car di-died at the scene."

It was apparent Kennedy felt remorse as she spoke. She barely made any eye contact. Her body language lacked confidence, and she was stuttering over her words.

"A to-total of 10 shots fired."

"Damn baby, you emptied the clip on some old folks." He joked.

She unintentionally punched his arm. "That's not funny, Nell. I killed innocent people, and they were old as fuck at that!"

His body hovered over her while leaving absolutely no space in between the two. "On folks nem grave, don't you ever put yo hands on me. You spazzing for no damn reason. Yo ass done claimed bodies in the Chi for being GD. Get yo shit together Ken."

"But, Darnell them bodies weren't shit. Them niggas was opps. It's different when you killing the innocent. They ain't choose no gang, no set, no hood."

"Fuck the bullshit Kennedy, say what you got to say because you startin' to aggravate me. Fuck that couple you kilt yesterday. Them folks gone." His voice was now overpowering, and his eyes turned a light shade of red. "How you a killer with feelings? Soft as shit! Gimme yo gun. You don't deserve that shit, on folks nem!"

Kennedy tried holding her own but when he was in his mood, there was no telling him straight. The only thing you could do was listen. She handed over her glock19.

"Stay yo' ass out the streets, find a job, lay low." He stated. "I handle the business while you get yo' shit together Ken. I love you but damn you actin' like a soft ass bitch." He kissed her forehead before walking into their bedroom.

"I need a blunt."

***

Light footsteps could be heard as Kennedy walked along the sidewalk in her apartment complex, but they weren't hers.

Living in Chicago made her aware of her surroundings at all times. Therefore she could pick up on the little things.

She swiftly turned around, and was met with another presence. A familiar face from back home. The two weren't in the same clique, or even gang, but she knew him from around the way.

"Ayo'," the familiar face shouted out. "The fuck you doing out'chea." His voice was very faint, soft almost however he gained her attention.

"Look folks, I'm not in the mood. So if you gonna rob me then do it." She responded with attitude laced in her voice.

The statement shifted his focus, "nah girl." He walked closer to get a better look at the woman standing in front of him. "Why you out here? It's 10PM."

Kennedy analyzed him and was taken aback. She had heard stories about him in the streets, but nobody ever said he was fine.

"Nah, why are you out here." She chuckled while pointing out his ankle bracelet. "I think you need to handle that."

"I'ma beat the case." He shrugged, "let me walk you home."

His offer came as a shock. His reputation was that he was a killer, a soft-spoken assassin. So when he offered to take her back she felt like it was a set up. 

"No. My boyfriend will blow ya' fucking brains out!" Moments like these she wished she had her gun. If she had taken out one of OBlocks top killers, she would not only get street credibility but a target placed on her back.

His eyebrows furrowed. "Bitch, I'll kill you first."

"I believe it -," she focused on his face almost fantasizing. "You don't even recognize me do you?"

His eyes scanned her face, only to lead down to her physique. "On gang you pretty." His smile showed off his diamond grill. A beautiful sight she thought.

She wanted to tell him she was from Chicago, and her boyfriend was BD, but she wasn't too sure if the two had beef.

"You can watch me walk back to my apartment but you can't be beside me. My boyfriend can be a lil' crazy at times." She suggested, "I'm Kennedy."

She started walking and he left a comfortable space between the two. "My names Von."

"I know."

***

Author's Note(s):

I'm back with another chapter . I finally introduce our favorite, King Von 💕. How do you feel about Darnell? What is wrong with Kennedy? Do you believe King Von has a plan of his own?

And as always;
This is just the beginning 😈. I like to play games ⚠️