HUH

"And where the fuck yo' send my calls to voicemail ass been at?" Ken's voice filled the living room once she stepped foot into their apartment.

Darnell kept his focus on his phone. He awaited a very important call from one of his street men.

"Baby, hello?" She questions. "Man what the fuck..."

"I'm busy Kennedy." His focus never left the phone.

Catching his drift, she went into their bedroom and onto the balcony. She could see strobe lights and smoke clouds coming from the apartment across the street.

Them niggas having a party and ain't invite me, she thought.

***

"Don't pass that shit over here

"Don't pass that shit over here." Von states. "Answer the door. I think shawty wanna' smoke."

Booka glared at the door. "She want all the smoke." He winked.

"That's gay asf gang."

Booka opened the door revealing Kennedy.

"Who you?" He asks.

"I'm Kennedy from across the street. Let's smoke." In her right hand was a pack of weed.

"Come in shawty," Von could be heard from the kitchen.

It didn't take much to get Kennedy's attention. All he had to do was lure her in with the reminisce of weed. A lil birdie hit him up with a tip about the Chicago couple, Darnell and Kennedy.

Ken scanned the room before entering comfortably. She saw Von and went to greet him. She wasn't gang but of course she knew the handshake. It was disrespectful if she did it in their presence. And she wasn't a dummy.

"Shawty I seen you from a couple nights ago." He spoke taking a sip from his cup. "You pretty on gang."

She laughed. "You said that already but shit, thank you. My boyfriend think I'm beautiful."

"Man, fuck that nigga. I'll smoke him 'bout you."

The comment made her uncomfortable. His reputation was starting to show and she hadn't planned on meeting the killer king Von tonight. She came over for weed and some intel so she could make her next move.

She needed a win.
A big win at that.

"You look familiar baby." Booka spoke. "I know you from somewhere."

How am I going to play this, she thought.

She could keep herself mysterious or she could be straight up.

"I'm Kennedy, from Chicago. I don't rep a set and my soul is pure."

The final statement was a lie. Deep inside she was sad, enslaved, and lost. Killing wasn't something she wanted to do - but she chose to. Young and naive Kennedy thought killing would get Darnell's attention. Little did she know she would have to kill again, and again.

Keeping a killers attention was deadly.

"So you must know who we are." Booka states. "Who yo boyfriend?" At this point, he wanted to see if she was going to lie.

"Oh, Nell. My baby." her lips began to move swiftly. She thought over talking would distract them. "He is literally my first love. I would do anything for that man, on God."

"Hm." Von quipped. "You love that nigga but you'd get him killed. Pitiful."

"Huh?"

"Oh my bad. I had a flashback to a sorry ass hoe who tried to set me up."

"He talkin' 'bout his ex." Booka said. "Anyways i'm out." He left the apartment.

"I didn't know it was gonna' be jus' us." Her words were soft and shaky.

"Why you really here gang?"

"I ain't like how ya'll had a party without me." She joked, in hopes that the conversation would lighten up a bit.

"Lie." He quickly stated. "Try again."

Her stomach turned. "Truthfully Von. I brought weed too."

"So because you thought of the details in advance that I'm pose' to believe dat?" He chuckled. "Baby, I set hoes and niggas up for my pleasure. I'm smarter than that."

His voice grew softer by the minute as his body got closer to hers. "I'm a killer baby. So why you here?"

She quivered at his chilling embrace. The two were face to face. She couldn't dare look away or he would notice her defeat. "I'm here for a party." She stuck to her story.

Von shook his head. He grasped into her pant pockets, and waistband. "You a bitch with no purse?"

She nodded. "You won't find anything on me. I'm clean nigga."

"I ain' yo' nigga. We ain' coo." He steps back. "I bet you here to kill me."

"Some opp bitch tryin' to take a real killer." He playfully states. "I'm too raw."

"Raw? Nigga please. If I ain't earn yo' trust by now-"

"Aha." He points his finger in her face. "Fuck you need my trust for? That's in yo' plan?"

"You ask a lot of questions for a killer. I thought you just shoot and ask questions later."

His phone beeps.

Von laughs. "Bitch, bye."

***

Author's Note(s):

Whew chile ☕️. Sip with me.

What do you think?

It seems like everybody is scheming.

Who do you trust?