PERSONALITY

"Ay' Folks, ya ringing."

Darnell glances down at his phone buzzing on the white countertop. Kennedy was calling.

He was a killer first, a business man second, and a boyfriend last. So that call could wait.

Darnell looks back at the Saran Wrap before grabbing it. "Load em' up." He states to the men in the room.

His good friend, Lonny, couldn't help but smile. Darnell was finally in the dope game, and it was because of him. Lonny gave up killing a long time ago, and figured selling weight was easier and more efficient. People weren't putting top dollar on niggas heads like they use to.

Lonny wraps his arm around Darnell's shoulder, and whispers "We celebrating tonight!"

"No." He says. "I'm doing this for Ken. That's it. I want no parts after this shit sells."

"Just wait brother." Lonny coos. Everything about him was smooth. His hair was maintained at all times, a short cut and he was even waving up. He has a muscular build, and only wore tight clothes to flaunt. The ladies love him, including Kennedy, and that was the only reason Darnell agreed to gather up some boys and sell his first shipment.

***

"You can't give me a better deal than this shit.." Kennedy aggravatingly sighs. She had been in the garage of Darnell's plug for an hour and the two couldn't agree on a price tag. She thought calling Darnell would help but he wasn't answering.

"No. I do business with D-Shot."

She rolls her eyes, "well he ain't here and I'm his bitch." Her voice grew angrier by the second. "Gimme the shit or-"

"Or what? You are in MY garage buying a gun trying to threaten me?!" A sly laugh leaves his lips. "I see why D-Shot handles the business."

"HA! You think I didn't come in here strapped? Don't underestimate me." She went for her waistband only to remember Darnell had taken her gun.

"I'm waiting.." he speaks.

Flight or fight, she thought. "I'm not leaving without the gun."

"Looks like you are sweetheart, and dead at that." A few seconds went by before two gunshots rang out.

Kennedy instantly drops down. She hasn't been hit but she knew the bullets had her name on it. The lights were dimming by the minute.

It was her first time in the garage. The entrance was too far if she wanted to make it out alive.

She grasp the knife from her waistband and starts carving at the garage door. She had to make her own exit. Another shot rang out and from the sound of it, it came from within the house.

Maybe they figured she had ran inside the house. That was the only entrance she knew.

Once climbing through the rugged hole, she was finally on the outside.

"Ooh wait till Nell hear about this shit!"

***

"On folks nem grave you missed yo' shot." Von playfully spoke. "You scared of killing a bitch."

"On folks nem that bitch fast. I was aiming for ha' head." Booka said while raising his pistol."

"He neva' gon' hire yo' goof ass again." Von laughs.

"He cheap anyway. He was giving me a band to kill her. I know shorty worth more in the Chi."

"Chicago?" Von questions.

Booka nods. "She down with 600, and her man is BD."

Von sat up from the couch. "He BD? Who the nigga?"

"Ah, shit." Booka face palms his forehead, while shaking his head. He knew where Von's thoughts was going.

Von laughs.

"D.Shot."

"Ain't that the nigga who killed for 600 and NLMB?"

"Yeah, he gets down but his reputation sour right now. He ran off on the gang."

"How is he still living?" Von's face screwed up. He didn't like the information he was being told. He also didn't like how folks ran off on his set and he is still living.

"He has business with Lonny, everybody know how Lonny get down." Booka states.

"Fuck everybody. I get down too. Where his lo'. Let's pay a visit."

***

Author's Note(s):

In this chapter you get a glimpse into their personalities. Hopefully there are things you were able to grasp about Darnell, Kennedy, and Von.

Let me know what you think.