WYA

"Baby! Darnell?"

Kennedy glances over at the puddle of a deep red substance. "Wait did I- did I just see that right?"

She runs towards the puddle and freezes.

"This ain't my blood.. and Darnel???!" She screams. "Where the fu-" before she could finish, she sees his phone ringing.

"WHAT?" She answers with anger.

"Kennedy? Where is Darnell?"

With a swift roll of her eyes, she replies. "Your guess is better than mine."

Lonny became increasingly aggravated. His text were getting ignored, he couldn't get in contact with Darnell, and to make matters worse, the last time he was seen was entering his apartment when he was suppose to be in the streets delivering mail.

"Look baby girl, I dropped him off this afternoon. He was waiting on an important call. He never left the crib, as far as his phone says."

"The fuck? You tracking my nigga now?"

"I track all my niggas. Where you been?" He now questions.

Kennedy sighs. "I went out for a little bit."

"Duh motherfucker, I'm trying to figure out where?"

She knew telling him her location and who she was with would make her seem suspicious. And she couldn't let that happen because Darnell's traces still weren't found.

If she knew where he was, she could have made up a story that sounded legit.

"Lonny, I went out for a walk. Nell wasn't trying to talk to me, and I don't like being ignored. I figured once I got back he would be willing to talk."

"The apartment look weird? Look like somebody came and robbed y'all?"

Ken didn't have to scan the apartment because she was standing over a pool of blood. "I see blood Lonny."

Silence.

"I said I see blood Lonny!"

"Was you bleeding?!"

"No! It's not my blood plus, it's a puddle."

"Ard. I'm on the way. Keep the door locked until I come. Close your blinds, and dim the lights." Lonny orders.

She already didn't like taking orders from Darnell, and now his friend felt the need to run her too.

"Whatever." She states before hanging up.

***

Author's Note(s):

I know this chapter is a little short but the next one is coming real soon. The semester had ended last week and I have one final semester until I get my degree.

#DegreeMe 💅🏾👩🏾‍🔬

Where is Darnell?
Is Lonny to be trusted?
Is Kennedy acting strange?