Hair Dryer

Normal POV:

   I finish packing my stuff up to go stay with Duke. I walk out into the living room with my bags and look at Duke. He's sitting ther with a slightly nervous expression. "Hey, I'm ready to go... you alright?" I ask him. He immediately stands up and looks at me. He stutters as he's speaking. "U-uh y-yeah, here l-let me help you." He says as he grabs a bag from my hand. I look at him confused but he seems alright, so I don't worry too much. We put my bags in his car and drive back to his house. "So, I have a guest bedroom you could stay in if you'd like. Or you can stay in my room if you'd like." He says. "Would it be alright if I stayed in the guest room?" I ask him. "Yes of course." He says with a smile. About 5 minutes later we get back to his house. I smile at him. We grab the bags and go inside. When Duke closes the door I smile and hug him. "Thank you so much." I say to him with my face is buried in his chest. "Of course." He says. "Come on, let's go set up your room." He says while carrying one of my bags upstairs. He opens the door to this big bedroom. It had a queen size bed with fluffy white sheets on it. The pillows were black and white striped to go along with the blanket sitting at the end of the bed. There was a grey rug was at the bottom of the bed on the end. My favorite part about this room was the swinging chair and led lights. There was a big grey couch in the middle of the room with a tv on the wall in front of it. We put the bags down and set them against the wall. "So, what do tou think?" He asks me smiling. "It's amazing!" I said slightly jumping up and down. "Well, make yourself at home, you can put your clothes in the dresser over there if you'd like." Duke says as he points to a long white dresser on the wall. "And I'm gonna go take a shower. You can as well. In going to use the downstairs bathroom so you can use mine." He says smiling.  "Thank you Duke!" I say as he walks off smiling at me. He goes into his room, grabs clothes and walks downstairs into the bathroom. I needed a shower because I can't go a day without one. I grab my clothes and head into his room. I closed the bathroom door and locked it while leaving his bedroom door open. Before I turned the water on I heard little footsteps from outside the door. I opened it and checks was spinning around in circles. "Oh hi boy! Hello! Oh you're probably hungry aren't you? Come on let's go get you some food." I say to him.

  As I walk downstairs I hear a voice echoing through the house. It was Duke singing. I got so happy from it, he sounded amazing. And obviously I have heard him sing before, from his lives and tiktok and everything. But not off camera. He was singing "How to Save a Life" By The Fray. "Oh I love that song." I said quietly to myself. I started singing along a while getting Checks some food and water. "Alright boy, there you go. I've gotta go take a shower, but after that, I'll take you on a walk for Duke!" I said to him happily. He licked my hand and continued eating. I went back upstairs to take my shower. I only took about 25 minutes and then I got out to dry off and dry my hair. I couldn't find the hair dryer so I went down to ask Duke where it was since I knew he was out of the bathroom. I wrapped a towel around me, and thankfully it was long so I didn't very much have to worry about showing anything. "Hey Duke, where is the hair dryer? I can't find it." I say to him while walking down the stairs. He looks at me and quickly covers his eyes. "O-oh it, um it-" he stutters. "Duke it's okay, you can look. I'm covered by the towel." I tell him. "O-oh okay." He says as he slowly puts his hands down. His face was bright red which made me giggle at him a bit. "Let me show you." He says nervously. He walks upstairs and walks into the bathroom. "It's in this cupboard. You gotta pull it with some force." He says as he opens it. "Oh I thought it was one of those that just didn't open." I told him. "That's what I thought when I first moved in too." He says chuckling a bit. "Well um, I'll let you finish up and I'll be downstairs waiting for you." He says smiling. "Okay! Also, I fed checks for you right before I took my shower." I tell him kindly. "Thank you Stella." He says while closing the door behind him.

  I finished drying my hair, and put my clothes on. I cleaned everything up and put the towel back on the wall. I walk downstairs and Duke is nowhere to be found. Checks is gone too. "Hmm. Alright, strange, but whatever." I say to myself. I sit on the couch and turn on my phone. I go on TikTok and on my for you page I'd Duke in his Willy Costume. "Posted 3 minutes ago." I read. "Oh he's just making a TikTok outside okay." I said to myself. About 5 minutes later he comes back inside, in full costume. "Hello Willy, Willy Jr." I say jokingly. Duke gives me a strange look. "Stand up." He says smirking. I stand up and he takes off his Willy jacket. He puts it on me and my jaw drops. I'm smiling, but my jaw is dropped. I started jumping up and down slightly and giggling. "I had the feeling you'd react like this." Duke says laughing. "Can I wear this the entire day?" I ask happily. "Go ahead." Duke chuckles. The day goes by and I have the Jacket on for the whole day. It gets dark eventually, so Duke decides to make dinner. "How do you feel about, hotdogs?" Duke asks while looking in the fridge. "Yes!" I say happily. "Perfect." He says as he pulls them out of the fridge. He starts up the barbecue and comes back inside. "So, I remember when you first messaged me you said that you're gonna be 18 soon. How soon? When is your birthday?" He asks me. "Just a few days after Halloween. Its December 4th." I told him while playing subway surfers. I look up at him and he has a suspicious looking smile on his face. "Damnit." I said. "What?" He asks. "I was playing subway surfers and I looked at you and then died." I with a fake pout. "Well I'm sorry, I'm just so good looking you can't resist." He says joking. You're not wrong I thought to myself. I blushed and giggled.