Duke's Flight

I went to bed that night, with thousands of thoughts swimming in my head. All, entirely of Duke, memories I've made with him, special moments. Like I said before, I didn't want him to leave, but I wasn't going to stop him.

  The next morning I woke up to my alarm blaring in my face. "I really need to change this." I groan. I stop it, and sit up, rubbing my eyes. For some reason, my vision had gotten worse. Things were blurrier than usual. I headed into Duke's room to wake him up so he could get ready. "Duke, you need to get up." I say. After that, I realized that he was already awake. "Oh, nevermind." I say. "You really need to change that alarm." He yawns. "Yeah, I'll do that." I chuckle sleepily. Kali wasn't going to the Airport with us, she had to work on something, so I didn't have to wake her up. The first thing I did after I went into Duke's room, was take a shower. So I picked some clothes from my closet, and headed to the downstairs bathroom. I took my shower, got out and dried off, put my clothes on, then went to put my contacts in. It took me a bit to find the box but I found it after a couple minutes. "Oh there it is." I say. I take it out and open the box, to find nothing inside. "Are you kidding me?" I question, annoyed. "No, I'm done with this I'm just getting glasses." I sigh. I throw the box away and walk out of the bathroom to see Duke in the kitchen. "I'm done with contacts." I say. "What?" He asks. "My eye sight is bad and I've always worn contacts. But I'm done paying for them, and constantly buying more, I'm just gonna make an appointment at the eye doctor and get glasses." I say. "Really?" He questions. "Yeah, I'll probably look like shit, but I need to see." I say. "Hey." Duke snaps. I jolt back a bit because, I was surprised. "You are beautiful, don't ever say anything like that." He tells me. I smile and blush while looking down slightly. He winks and grabs a mug of brown liquid. "Are you drinking... coffee?" I ask in confusion. "No this is Hot Chocolate." He says. "Oh, okay." I say. I sit down at the counter and lay my head on the table, resting it on my arms. I look up to see another cup of Hot Chocolate in front of me. "Baby, it's cold outside." Duke says with a wink, as he sips his drink. I blush, and carefully slide the cup closer. I take a small sip to make sure it doesn't burn my tounge. Thankfully, it didn't. "What time is your flight again?" I ask. "It's at 10:45." He tells me. "Oh, so you should probably get ready then?" I question. "Well I took a shower around 5:00, and went back to sleep for a bit after that. I put my stuff in my car and everything too, so that's all good and ready to go." He says. "And as you can see I'm already dressed. I just wanted to get ready early so I could spend as much time with you as possible before I leave." He says with a smile. "You're so sweet." I giggled happily. "Yeah, I know." He says, jokingly "flipping" his hair. I giggled and took another sip of my drink. "Why don't we watch some YouTube for a bit?" I suggest. "Yeah, that sounds nice." He says. I smile and we walk over to the couch with our drinks. I turn on the TV and grab the remote. "Wait, where is the Xbox?" Duke asks. "Oh, right. Kali took it into her room and just switched it with her apple TV and the remote." I explain. "Oh, okay. Reasonable." He says. I grab the apple TV remote, and click on YouTube. Duke and I find a video that we want to watch, so I click on it, and we start watching.

  About 2 minutes into the video, Duke pulls me into him as he wraps his arms around me. I curl up and lay on his side. It was about 7:50 right now, so we only had a certain amount of time left to watch YouTube. About 15 to 20 minutes I would say. A bit later Duke asks, "Hey, what time is it?" He asks. "Oh let me check." I say. I lean over and grab my phone to look at the time. "Oh shit, it's 8:05." I say. "Oh shit is right, we better go." Duke says. I nod my head and turn the TV off quickly. Duke wanted to be at the Airport at least an hour before his flight left. I grabbed my phone, and speed walked to the door. "Hold on." I say before I walked outside. I ran over and pounded on Kali's door. "KALI WE ARE LEAVING!" I yelled. I could hear her groaning sleepily. I rolled my eyes and ran outside. Duke closed the door, and we got into the car. "I would drive for you, but I need my contacts. And as I said, they are gone." I say. "Don't worry, I'm going to be in the air soon, I think I can handle 40 minutes of driving." He says. I chuckle and hop in the car. He turns the car on, and starts to drive off. I started fidgeting with my hands and fingers as soon as we got in the car. I would always do this when I was anxious, or something. I would do it all the time, but especially when I'm anxious. It was really cold outside so, so was the car. "Jesus it's cold in here." Duke says as he turns the heater on. "Oh, good." I  say. "Let's play some music." I say. Duke hands me his phone, "Search up a song, it's connected to bluetooth." He tells me. I take the phone and look up a good song. "There we go." I say. I put the phone down, and wait for the song to play.