My song 🥰

"It's a shame, I really thought she's the one, you know" Niall deeply sighs, "The only I can sing my song to"

"Your song?" Zayn asks, arching his eyebrow.

"The song that rings your head when you're in love"

Everyone scoffs at that, "there's no such thing"

"There is" Niall insists, "evrytime I see Megan, my heart plays the strings of 'perfect' "

"Weren't you dating Jennifer?" Harry asks

"I was, now I am dating Megan, in my head"

"You're loads of crap, Nialler" Rodger laughs louder than needed and clears his throat, "okay, my love song would be...", Everyone rolls his eyes because, yeah, saying it's shit but doing exactly that is Rodger's thing, "this town.... You still make me NERVOUS when you walk IN THE ROOM" He sings along, loud. (*GOTTA PROMOTE*)

"Such a sap" Louis comments with a snort, cringing when Rodger sings off key and destroys the chorus.

"Way the ruin the song, Rodger" Liam comments, chuckling when he flips him off.

"My song will be.............." Harry hums, fondly rolling his eyes when everyone makes snoring noises, "I wanna write you a song"

"Awww" Louis pulls his cheek, "mine will be...." He makes a thinking face, "A whole new world"

"Old and classic" Rodger nods like he approves.

"Reminds me of you" Liam mumbles to Zayn, apparently audible to Rodger who is sitting next to Zayn, (him being a defense wall between Rodger and Liam), "proper Aladdin you make"

Rodger makes a gagging sound, "help... Am gonna puke rainbows"

Zayn roughly elbows him without turning his eyes away from Liam, "what will be your song, Li?"

"Ofcourse you wanna know" Rod comments, suppressing a groan when Zayn elbows him, again, a bit harder.

"Ummm I never thought of it"

"Think of it now, you dumb-head" successfully dodging Zayn's pointed elbow this time, "oh wait, you need a brain to think, who's next?"

Liam holds Zayn's wrist before he can connect Rodger jaw and intertwines their fingers, "what's your song, Z?"

"You first" Zayn challenges, holding Liam's gaze.

"I will go after you"

"Only fair if you go first"

Niall, Harry and Louis groans, but Rodger abandons his place and sits on Liam's lap, on his way breaking their joined hands, and lays his head back, for someone who's pretending to dislike Liam he definitely gets cosy, "I know you have a pea size brain",  he turns his face to Liam and lifts his eyes to meet Liam's own, "and Zed has a pea size brain when it comes to you, so you two probably haven't noticed but nobody gives a fuck about who goes first, actually nobody will a give a fuck if you decide to stay silent"

Liam just purely smiles at him, like he is awed by Rodger's haughty attitude, "Simply the best", Liam says, and both Zayn and Rodger arches their brows, making Liam chuckle at their identical reaction, "my song" he clarifies, while looking at Zayn, "it's my jam"

"I knew you were an oldie soul" Rodger gets up and makes another gagging sound before retreating to his original place.

"Hey, you approved Louis's song" Liam pouts.

Before Rodger can reply Zayn catches Liam's attention, " 'Can't help falling in love with you'... That is my song"

Everyone's quiet and suddenly weird tension starts forming around so Niall being the sweetheart he is, speaks up, "Okay clearly Zayn won"

"We were playing a game?" Rodger gasps, "Wait I wanna change my song then", and for the first time this night everyone ignores him.

After his 6th drink, Niall is sad again, "Maybe something is wrong with me, is it the brunette hair? Should I go back to blonde?"

"No, it's your face" Rodger retorts, only to realize he can be fucking hammered and still be intolerant to Niall's moping, "you're brilliant, Ni, It's Liam who should be doubting himself, not you"

"Oh shut up" Liam growls and Rodger eyes glints in joy.

"Oh Sainty here is getting a little tipsy I guess" Rodger grins and offers Liam another bottle, "let's get him hammered and see if I can get him to punch me"

"If you wanna get punched so bad why bother Liam?" Zayn says from where he is comfortable in Liam's lap, all sprawled on his chest like a baby.

"Stop it you two, no violence"

"Liam, the saint is back" Rodger raises his bottle in cheer and suddenly his lips twitches in mischief, "So tell me, Liam, no matter what happens you'll never raise a hand on anyone, right?"

"You touch Liam am gonna make you wish I ate you in the womb"

Louis and Harry widens their eyes and shares a look.

"Damn bro, getting a little dark there, I'm your blood" Rod rolls his eyes and gets back at Liam, "so what if someone.... Umm let's say hurt your daughter? Still won't hurt 'em?"

Liam just shrugs and weakly smiles, folding his hands around Zayn's waist, "Yeah like Zayn will let anyone touch her"

"You bet" Zayn instantly agrees and Liam's smile slowly drops when Rodger seems more confused than content with his answer.

"And what if someone hurt Zayn?"

"Have you not met your brother?" Liam asks instead, now sitting straight, a little tensed.

"What if people talk behind his back, make fun of his dignity" he quotes the last bit in air.

"People always gonna talk" Liam shrugs, "Can't go around punching every person who has shit to talk about you"

And Niall, Louis, Harry can feel the tension rising up, "So..." Niall begins but Rodger beats him into talking.

"So you don't mind people talking shit about my brother?"

"People talk, Rodger" Liam says in a flat tone, this time feeling the annoyance, "Fighting is pointless"

"So people can shit about Zayn, they can hit Zayn, but you, Liam Payne, won't stand up for him, won't quit his morals and beat the SHIT OUT OF THOSE FUCKERS!!!?????" Rodger almost shouts, for some weird reason getting angry.

Liam is quiet for a while, all four set of eyes on him, for once he's glad Zayn is not looking at him but he can feel Zayn holding his breath and he waits for his reply.

"Yeah, I won't" Liam tears his eyes from Rodger and looks at the floor, somehow ashamed with his own answer and his guilt only increases when Zayn abruptly stands up from his lap.

"We are out of drinks, bet I can find some red wine in the cabin, be right back" Zayn excuses himself and nobody says a word.

"On the contrary, Niall, it's not you" Rodger says, "it's the weather"

"Weather?"

Rodger holds Liam's gaze, "yeah its a heartbreak weather, everyone is getting hurt" (*You see what I did there?? Lit album by a lot person*)

Liam tears his eyes from Rodger to the door where Zayn exited seconds ago and without even thinking about it, he leaves his seat to follow Zayn.