LAST chapter

(*As promised*)

Feels like forever since he had a family dinner and it's oddly quiet but comforting, he turns to Rodger who say next to him, silently eating as his eyes are focussed on his place. He lifts his eyes on his parents who are passing dishes to each other, just sharing silent glances but not really talking.

"Oh I have a date", Rodger says, earning his parent's attention.

"Oh lovely" Trisha gushes, "who is she?"

Rodger grins, "It's a guy- Liam to be more precise"

Both Yasir and Trisha looks at Rodger like they saw a ghost and comically both snaps their heads towards Zayn who instantly groans and kicks Rodger under the table.

"See? Literally everybody knew about your crush, except for you!"

"Okay you proved you point", Zayn rolls his eyes and goes back to his place but when he still feels two sets of eyes on him he looks up and arches his eyebrow at his still stun parents, "I have a date?"

"With Liam?" His dad asks softly, almost in a whisper.

"Yeah" Zayn coughs, "that's okay, right?- like you guys already know I'm in-"

"No no" Yasir shakes his head, "I- I'm just shocked- Liam is a good kid, he is brilliant- almost like a son. He is smart, Noble, kind, war-"

"And brave" Rodger groans, "and sunshine like- I get it! Can we not talk about perfect Liam is?"

"Fix your attitude towards him" Yasir tells Rod, "I want him to feel home evrytime he is here"

"Bet he already feels that, Dad, why else would he be here bloody all the damn time??"

"Rod", his mum calls, silently shaking her head when he looks at her.

Rodger huffs and holds his arms, "Dad loves him more than me"

"I do" Yasir says and seconds later him and Zayn starts laughing in unison.

"Don't be rude" Trisha slaps Yasir's arm and reaches her hand out for Rodger to hold, "my baby, any new tournaments I should know about?"

"Nah, I m free for next 2 months" Rodger winks at her, "I have a date tomorrow" he wiggles his eyebrows cheesily, "with Harry"

"Aww I love him" Trisha says with a big smile, tears of joy filling her eyes, "he is such a sweetheart"

"And charming, you saw his dimples, mum? He is crazy attractive" Rodger shrugs, "how the heck I got a date with him?"

"Beats me" Zayn says and him and Yasir starts laughing again.

Trisha darts them a glare, choking both men on their laughter.

Rodger grins and holds her hand a little tighter, "kinda nervous"

"No reason to be" Trisha confirms, "Only an idiot won't date you"

Yasir opens his mouth to say something but Trisha beats him into it and slaps his arm before he could say anything out, "how's the diner coming along?"

"Perfect" Rodger retorts, looking at Zayn for confirmation, cause honestly he doesn't know shit about their diner except for the fact he owns 45% of its income.

"It's alright" Zayn rolls his eyes, "Come in and help us with the diner, Rod"

"I'm busy"

"You just said you're free for next two months"

"I lied"

"You're lying now"

"You need help?" Yasir asks with wide eyes, "C'mon, Zayn, I told you I'm more than happy to help- if you need I can send more chefs like Nic-"