1 | The Storm.

Mike's Pov

"Come on guys! Hurry up!" I shouted over the loud noise of the rain as I biked through the bushes and trees.

"Yes, Mike. Relax" Panted Lucas from behind me.

"Yeah sorry, I just have to reach my house by 8:30 and it's already 8:25." I apologized.

"It's ok. Even I have to reach home early or else mom will freak out" Said Will.

"Yeah I understand. It's kay. Come on." Said Lucas as he speeded up.

It was the end of another school day when us three had decided to go to the arcade. We didn't notice how time had flown by. So we were taking a shortcut to reach home which was to bike through Mirkwood.

It was pouring cats and dogs so it was hard to bike fast and I was getting frustrated that my mom was going to go crazy if I was late. I was seriously in no mood for her bullshit.

I suddenly stop in the middle of the woods. Luckily Lucas or Will don't bump into me because I suppose they saw it coming.

The reason I stopped was because there were two girls and one boy just a few inches away from me, they looked like they were of my age. They were soaking wet especially one of the girls right in the middle. She had caught my eye first. She had a buzz cut and was wearing a huge yellow t-shirt. For some reason I couldn't get my eyes of her. She looked really scared and was shivering from the cold. Who is she?

"Umm...Mike. Do you see three people in front of us or is it just me?" Lucas whispered to me. It was hard to believe that someone was here because no one would be out in the woods at this time especially since it was raining like there was no tomorrow. Yes, 8:30 is not late but no one comes to the woods at this time since wild animals are about.

"Even I can see them" Whispered Will to us.

"Of course they are there guys I didn't stop for fun" I whispered back. I didn't mean to sound rude I was just getting late.

"Are you going to say something or just stare at us and whisper like you have never seen other people of your age?" Said the other girl whose hair was Red.

"Ohh...yes..uhmm. w-what are you'll doing here this late?" Stammered Lucas.

"I can ask you the same." Said the red headed girl.

"Uhh..yeah..." Said Lucas sheepishly.

I got of my bike and so did Lucas and Will.

"Um..are you guys lost or Something?" I asked them.

"Uh yes you can say that..." Said the boy. He had brown curly hair and his front teeth were missing.

"Can you just tell us if there is any place we can spend the night?" He asked.

"No there is no place you can stay. I mean there are places but they are all shut. I'm sure" Said Will. Yes, he was right there was no place they could stay the night.

The boy just sighed.

I felt sorry for them. They were soaking wet and all alone they would probably catch a fever in this rain. Especially that girl with the buzz cut. She was... cute.

Where did that come from?

"Uh, I know we are strangers but you can stay at my place if you want." I offered.

The curly headed boy looked at the red head and he whispered something then the girl hesitated a bit but nodded.

"Um. You sure 'bout that? I mean you don't know us and you are trusting us enough to let us enter your house?" Said the red head.