1-3 : Riding a Man

Once the sun starts to rise, I wake up, take a cold shower and run down to the kitchen--- rushing to make breakfast but Isamu already beats me to it. With a smug, he sips his morning coffee at the dining table with breakfast prepared on the table. "As an adult, you really need to wake up earlier. Not to mention you have a meeting today at the Headquarters," he points to one of my pagers that I had placed on the kitchen counter. I had them placed almost everywhere in our house because I keep forgetting where I put them so Isamu had made a few identical copies just for me.

 I stare at him suspiciously. "Did you sleep last night?" I ask. He takes out the device I asked him to make last night and place it on the table. "This gold button is for you to wear. These silver buttons are for the heroes. Whenever they need heals, they should just press the button and you should be able to heal them from afar. Kinda like a blue-tooth healing device," he says proudly and sips his coffee more. "You didn't sleep," I conclude. "Sleeping is for children~," he laughs like an old drunkard at a bar. I quickly grab his from him and pour his coffee down the drain. "No more coffee for you young man and when I get back home with you not in your bed, I will tell the Headquarters that you're in timeout," I say sternly. "You wouldn't dare!" he teases. "Try me!" I say and walks out the front door. With the device in my bag, I have the decided to give it to Satoru first because not only we're friends, but he's the only person I know who is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. That's his strongest charm and his weakness.

For today only, I'm wearing a pair of beige formal heels for the meeting and a suit. Isamu bought them for me when I was acknowledged as the best healer esper 2 years ago.

Actually, he was frustrated that during my first Hero event 4 years ago, we were looked down upon because we were orphan children heroes. We didn't have much money back then but I had enough to buy new clothes for Isamu for his award as a new S-class hero. When we arrived at the venue, people thought we were beggars and almost got kicked out but Silverfang helped us in. That was the moment Isamu changed. It was turning point for him because after that event, he was no longer the little Isamu I know. He's more matured and less playful for his age. That's also the day I realize that what I have been doing for him wasn't enough. That's why I decided to officially be an acknowledged Hero. He took the name 'Child Emperor' and I took the name 'Mortal Angel'. He's has the traits of a successful emperor while I have the traits of an angel.

As I walk through the neighborhood, there seems to be no difference than usual. Parents are chatting right after sending their children to school, some high school students and businessmen are rushing to catch the train and everything seems normal. I'm relieved. Right when I turn the corner, I slam face first onto the person turning around the same corner as I. "OUCH!" but before I make myself a huge pile of embarrassed mess, my hand is caught mid-air by the person who walked into me with just a single hand. My other hand reaches the ground with only an atom apart as my legs support the bottom half of my body. If a cameraman was there, would've looked like the best couple of the era.

The man pulls me up carefully and helps me back on my legs. "Thank you very much..," I politely bow slightly to the man. "It's my fault for running into you," the voice that replies sounds very familiar. I raise my head and meet eye-to-eye with the man. "Garou?! You live here?" I question. "Oh-- (Y/n)! No, I'm just passing by," he doesn't seem shocked, rather, he looks behind me and looks relieved to see there's no one-- as if he's expecting me to be with someone. He then glances at me with a questionable look--- probably questioning the outfit I'm wearing. 

"The first and last time I saw you, you were in an oversized shirt and trying to get drunk in daylight," he laughs. My face flushes while remembering my first impression to him. "So, where are you off to now?" he asks. "I have a meeting today... and my brother insisted on me wearing this because 'Oneechan got no style,' is what he said," I mimic Dotei's comment. "Well, he's not wrong. It would've been a bad impression if you show up with sandals instead," Garou comments.

"Ha--- how do you know I prefer sandals?" I ask in confusion. "First time we met, you were wearing an oversized shirt, baggy pants and sandals with a granny pouch... no doubt you went to a hospital that day because you were pissed about a hero losing his arm," Garou states.

I'm surprised of his memory. Last time I met someone with that strong memory is Dotei.

"In my defense, I was rushing. I'm a doctor--- technically--- also, should I be scared for the fact that you memorized all that?" I ask. "Well, unlike you, I happen to be a good drinker and have a strong memory," he says with a proud look plastered across his face. "Yeah right," I roll my eyes jokingly at his remark. "People say I was a prodigy," he says. "Of what?" I ask. "Of martial arts!" he makes a hand movement that mimics the movement of a snake. "Wow! You're considering to be a hero?" I ask. "Nah. Not my game. I don't want to put myself with those snobby wannabes," he says. His previous statement rings back into my memory. "Well, whatever it is you're planning to do, I'd say good luck and good day. I have a meeting at 10 am and I can't be late," I say while fixing my jacket to its' place. Garou just chuckles my statement as his eyes glance my wrist watch. "It's 9:45 am," he says. "What?" I say-- in denial. He makes an eye-signal for me to look at my watch. "OH MY GOSH I'M GONNA BE LATE!!" I panic once I realize he's right.

Ignoring the heels I'm wearing, I break into a full sprint but the suit is limiting my movements. "You won't make it even if you run," he says, easily catching up to me with a slow jog. "You think so? You have a better idea?" I ask in between pants. "Where's the meeting at?" he asks. "City A----!!!" before I could finish my sentence, Garou suddenly lifts me up across his shoulder with one arm hugging my legs. "WAIT A MIN---," without my consent, he bursts into a full dash. Just like the wind, he dodges everyone in sight, without a sound following his trail.

"GaaaAAAaaaaaAaaRRRrrrrOOOOOOooooOOuUUUUuuuu~~PllEEeAAAAsssseeeEEeeE~~SSsssTTTttOOOoOOOoooooOppPPP!! (Garou, please stop)" I beg but judging from the speed, he seems to have no intention of stopping. Not until we get to City A.

.

"Is everyone here?" ask the Chief of Hero's Association's Health Department. "Miss (Y/n) hasn't arrive yet," an officer replies. "She's late," says another officer. "She still has 5 minutes left until the meeting starts," a third officer says.

The door opens with my hair puffing to every direction and my chest heaving as I gasp for air. "I'm... I'm here..," I huff, trying to catch my breaths. "Wow... Miss (Y/n).. your hair...," the chief is speechless.

"Hm hm...Let's just say I forgot to wear a helmet today," I laugs nervously.

.

Garou walks away from City A with his new interest in (Y/n), in search of other Heroes. He checks his Hero book like a Bingo book. As he flips through the pages, some faces have been crossed out. In an empty page, he inserts Mortal Angel's office card with information on which heroes she has connections to-- for now, they're just Mumen Rider, Genos and Child Emperor. He knew he hits a jackpot since just through her--- he can get access to 2 S-class heroes. He believes she also has the connection to Blast so he's determined to keep contacting her until he can confirm whether or not she does.

Wordcount: 1410