1-7 : Foodstock

I open my eyes to the smell of freshly brewed sweet strawberry tea. It's already morning and I'm in my bed. The clock next to my bed shows that it's currently 10 past 10 a.m. I look at my raging pager that has been ringing with the 'Dragon Threat' alarm since before I open my eyes. I stumble down my bed in confusion.

What happened last night? All I could remember was pain... and more pain.

I clutch the pendant on my neck. It's warm and full of life. I run to my laptop and check my records. Isamu had them made a few years ago to keep track of the growth of my power. During my first puberty, I had a growth spurt on both physical and power. I created more spells and explored more sections on being a healer esper. Around that time, I created a spell that I named 'Sensors Linked' because it links 2 people's physical senses together. So if person A is injured, the person B will be injured and vice versa but I'd never need to use the spell so I never try to enhance it to its full potential. Ever since I've come of age, I was able to do indirect healing and healing transfer (bluetooth healing). So, if I'm right, I've unlocked another feature for this spell which could be permanent if I don't figure out how to disable it soon. I try to disable it now but I couldn't and the ringing pager doesn't help me focus at all.

I snatch my dusty Hero's Doctor uniform (yes, I have a uniform but I usually don't use it unless it's a Dragon Threat and above so that heroes can know that it's me instead of just a normal civillian) and run downstairs before slipping into my sports' shoes. I notice that Isamu had made me some tea but as much as I'd love to drink it, I don't have the time right now.

Surprisingly, even with so many painful blows Garou took last night, I don't feel any pain right now. Is it because of my healing powers, or does he have a very fast recovery rate or, the pendant only connects the pain only during the moment it happens? There's so many questions but so little time.

I quickly put on my ear piece and with a press of a button, I'm directed to Isamu. "I need vision," I ask. "Monsters. They're focusing on city centers in almost every city. Heroes are trying to fight them but they're mostly beat," he says as his little fingers type vigorously on his keyboards. I take the key to my motorcycle and made my way to the city. "What's my score?" I ask for my previous highest mile range in healing transfers. "About 50,000 sq mi during the alien attack. There were thousands of casualties so we had to do it in batches back then," he says. "Hm... let's try breaking that record," I say lightheartedly. "It's been a few months since then. You should be able to cover at least double of that amount by now," he says. "Yeah yeah," I reply.

As I ride my bike to the city, I aspect Isamu would disconnect our call but when I arrive at the city, he says "Be careful," and then disconnects. He always acts like that whenever I needed to go down to the field. Then I get a call from a hero so I accept the call. "Mortal Angel," it's Mumen Rider.

It feels very uncomfortable to be talking to the person whom just rejected my romantic feelings, but right now is basically working hours so we're basically business partners. He's technically my work colleague right now so personal feelings just be put aside. "How's the situation?" I ask in a serious tone. "Things are not looking good and--- are you using your motorbike?" he asks in a slightly worried tone when he notices the sound of your bike's engine. "Her name is (your favorite flower) and I just needed a fast ride," I say. "I'll be at your location in exactly 1 minute so tell the other heroes to stay alive," I inform and quickly end the call. "That might be a bit hard to do..," he complains while sounding like he's struggling to avoid the monster's attacks. "I'm sorry, are you complaining?" I sarcastically say. He holds his breath and apologizes before ending the call.

.

As soon as I arrive at the scene, I park my bike between in a dark alleyway. I manage to slip past the evacuating citizens and polices before appearing in the battlefield. There's just a few monsters but most of the heroes have already been defeated. Mumen Rider is still standing but he's already badly injured along with other heroes. "I'll only focus on heroes in all cities," I thought to myself and using one of my spells, I grow myself a pair of wings on my back. They only look like butterfly wings because they're simpler to create than birds' and I couldn't figure out how to do bird wings yet. I flap my wings and fly up into the sky while Mumen made sure no monsters had their eyes on me.

-Garou's Point of View-

While strolling the streets in search for a hero to fight, my eyes catch a glimpse of a shiny object hovering a few feet above the buildings. I couldn't recognize as any heroes because they have wings on their back and no heroes have wings--- except Puri Prisoner but according to the Hero Manual Book, he can only sprout wings during attacks. The only other heroes that can fly are the esper siblings but they both don't have wings either. This thing seems more timid to be a S-Class hero too.

Curious and interested, my feet decides to bring me closer to it. Even if it's not a hero, it must be strong enough to fight.

When I get closer, I see that it's a woman. She has her arms spread as wide as she can while letting tiny particles of sparkling dusts fall on the ground like dry rain. I couldn't see her face though. She's too high up and she's flying so fast. As the particles touches the ground, I notice that one by one, the defeated heroes begin to rise up again. Their wounds heal drastically and leaves no scars. When they regain their consciousness, they cheer happily and thank this person flying in the sky, calling her 'Mortal Angel'.

Is she really a hero too?

As I'm chasing Mortal Angel, the ground shakes and something erupts from beneath the buildings, destroying everything above ground. "I saw what you did there," a rough voice calls out to hero with spite. The voice comes from a giant centipede. All heroes that were healed try to attack it but its' exoskeleton is too hard for any of them to penetrate. It lunges towards Mortal Angel and with her frail butterfly wings, she couldn't dodge fast enough and ends up being eaten through its giant mouth.

Almost instantly, the pendant on my neck grows cold at an alarming rate. I don't know what it means but I'm guessing it has something to do with Mortal Angel that has just gotten herself devoured.

Wordcount: 1210

an; I actually imagine this healing segment to be a musical. Like-- she heals with her singing kinda like Mermaid Melody (Pichi Pichi Pitch) but it seems unrealistic. It doesn't make any sense. I do like the idea of having her have her own music at some of her healing spell. We'll see how this goes.