1-5 : A Spark

Garou slowly lets go of me. "Sorry... are you alright?" he asks. "Y-yes...," I reply and take a glance on his face but I couldn't muster the courage to continue looking because he looks hurt for some reason. His sudden change in demeanor takes me back. "It's almost dusk, did you have lunch?" his voice sounds softer than normal. "No but...," I say as I look up at the sky. The sun is already setting and the moon is already visible. "I don't think lunch is possible now," I say with my hands holding onto the Ice Bear Plushie that Garou is holding. He nervously rubs the back of his neck.  "Do you want to have dinner instead?" he still refuses to look into my eyes-- not that I mind.

He must've felt uncomfortable. I was too.

I take the plushie from his hand and embrace it warmly, hoping that it'll take away this uncomfortable feeling we have in the air. "Yeah. I'd like that," I say but I want to go home more than ever. He offers a hand but his eyes remain distant. "Can you walk?" he asks. There's a light tint of blush on his cheeks.

It's cute but how can he blush in times like this?

A chuckle slips from my lips which makes his cheeks turn a brighter shade of blush. "It's fine. My knees aren't that bad," I refuse his offer. I can see that he's trying to make things less uncomfortable and I should try too. I attempt to stand on my own two feet but I'm proven wrong. My knees are still too weak that I just fall back onto Garou. "Sorry...," I quickly push myself away and lean on the wall instead but he has a better idea. "Tell me if you're uncomfortable with I'm about to do," he says and snakes his left arm around my waist. His left hand that he places on my stomach holds me tightly so that my body is pressed against his on the side. Then, he leads  my right hand behind his back so that I'll do the same to him.

Wow, this is...

I look up to his see his face. "Don't look!" he snaps. I quickly look away. His face is bright red that I couldn't help but laugh inside.

...SO CUTE ><!

He does have a certain charm that makes me refuse to run away.

.

He takes me to a small cafe that doesn't have much customers. "Welcome back Garou~," the waitresses greet us with bright smiles. A waitress takes us to a table at the private area. "Why such a private place?" I ask. "I don't like to be attacked whilst I'm eating. It completely disrupts my appetite," he says and places me gently on the comfy seat. "Are you a hero?" I ask. He merely laughs mockingly at my question but he doesn't answer it.

He's 18 like me, right? How can he afford such luxury to be eating in a cafe if he's jobless? A maid cafe to be exact! Is he still in school? Where does he get the money to pay for the food? Does he go here because he likes being surrounded by pretty girls?

The questions just keep flooding into my head, probably because the main reason is that I don't know him very well. A waitress comes to our table to take our order. Garou smiles at her and casually tells her what he'd have. I tell her my order but she doesn't even look at me. Her eyes are stapled onto Garou and her beaming smile just gives me an ick. "You're a bit late today," she says in a high pitched squeal. "Sorry. There's been a commotion in town but you guys seem to be fine without me," he says as he gives the menu back to her. She pouts and says "Yeah but it's a bit dull without you here,". "Don't be like that. I brought a friend here too!" Garou finally takes the initiative to introduce me. "This is (Y/N). She's a doctor at City A," he says. The waitress finally looks at me with a side eye. "A friend?! I thought she's your sister! She looks so old! Ahahaha~," she laughs. "You're a doctor? You must be so busy and make a lot of money!" she adds and I feel like she's actually spiteful of me. "Not really. I just make enough to sustain an average life," I try to be humble about it but OH I do want to show her just how much cash I have right now because then she'd be bowing and kissing my feet when she's sees them. "Then, I'm sure you should have enough time and money for a good spa because you look so visually challenged," she says with a chuckle and a glare.