Wings (Short Special)

Elara then: ...doesn't affect the main plot...

Elara now: ..but it's cute..

Me: JUST DO IT.

So yes, this may appear in the original book that will...be written in another time and place so that it will be published at the right time and place. 

Cmon guys, characters' love lives are a lot more interesting to write about than actually thinking about my own...

Anyways, I hope you enjoy! 

Max's jaw was on the floor. Will showed his shock through his facial expression. Grace and Lauren were both looking at him, awaiting his reaction the most. 

His eyes were wide, his mouth gaping slightly. 

Then, I couldn't help it anymore, I blushed hard and smiled at the floor. I said it was too much, but Grace said it was okay. But seriously, showing my new angel wings to the rest of the gang was already shocking. I didn't need to be in a in a white off-shoulder top, a short, matching skirt and a pair of white flat shoes. And I especially didn't need makeup. 

"Hikari," I looked up to see his face. I wanted to laugh, but I was so nervous, especially because of my physical appearance, my chest was tense and could barely chuckle. 

I smiled, but I guessed it was a weird one. My heart started to pound when I realized that he was getting closer to me. Soon enough, the sound of my pulse drowned out everything else, and I could barely make out his voice as he called my name. 

"Hikari," he said as I looked at the ground shyly. He lifted my chin up so I met his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he chuckled and I felt all the tension disappear in an instant as I laughed lightly. "Surprise?" I asked as he laughed and tuck strands of hair behind my ear. 

"I thought it'd be funny to see Adi's reaction to this. Ahem, I'm sorry, I mean Max's reaction would be funny, Adi's would be romantic," Grace said closing her boyfriend's jaw. 

"Why are you so nervous?" he asked in a low whisper so only I could hear. "The outfit. The wings themselves already made me nervous, but everything else just-"

I couldn't finish my sentence as Adi pulled me in for a kiss. He wrapped his arms around me and I pressed myself against him, loving his warm embrace. I felt the feathers on my new wings ruffle as he touched my scapulars. 

Adi broke the kiss and looked into my eyes as I stared back. "Now you have to tell me the story on how you got them," he chuckled. "It's pretty simple. Destiny said I'll need them for the future, so Fate delivered the wings," I pulled away and stretched my wings. "They aren't exactly permanent, I can make them appear or disappear at any given moment."

"They also act as shields," Lauren added to which I nodded. 

"And they will be needed in the future?" Will asked to which Max replied, "duh, you dummy."

"I'm just confused why Destiny and Fate just suddenly gave them to me. They could've done it more subtly," I said playing with some feathers.

I caught Adi smiling at me. "Already have a cute habit, Hikari?"

The heat returned to my face as I smiled shyly. He kissed my forehead before saying, "Though, that is a good question. Best be careful."

"Did you see his face, he was like 'oh my god, she's so pretty...'," Grace said, trying to mimic Adi's face moments earlier. I giggled and Adi wrapped an arm around my bare shoulders which made me blush.

"I hate to break this moment, but we've really gotta go back to work-" 

"Actually," Adi cut Will, "Hikari, you free after this?"

I blinked twice. "Are you asking me out?"

Adi smiled at me and it was a definite yes.

"As long as I can change out of this, I'd love to," I said. 

"Okay, look, Will. If the two people who is most absorbed in their work agrees that they should take a break, then they will take a break. Got it, honey?" Lauren said to Will who nodded. 

"I actually think you look pretty in that," Adi whispered to me. "Oh shut up. I'm never wearing it again," I laughed.

Adi joined in with the laughter, until I realized something in his voice.

"No..."

"You'll change your mind when you don't match them up," he saild. "I am actually afraid of that," I told him.

"Literally. Change the skirt with a pair of jeans and the heels for a pair of sneakers and you'd love that," Adi said knowing exactly that that is what I like. 

I smiled and willed my wings to disappear. A moment later, they were gone. 

Adi kissed my forehead and asked, "Where do you want to go, my little angel?"

"OOH! NICKNAME ALREADY!" Max cupped Grace's mouth as he dragged her outside. Will and Lauren followed quietly behind them. 

"Little angel?" I repeated.

Adi pecked my cheek. "Seafood. Got it." 

I laughed as I started for the door. 

Look, I'm sorry, I know it's short but.

I had fun :)

I hope you enjoy it too, though I'm not really that good at writing love stories and/or scenes especially since I've...barely ever got into a serious relationship, so I'm writing based off of what I've ever read.

Still, I hope you enjoyed it.

By the way, this piece is from the world Zodiax which I'm pretty sure you are already aware of, especially since *chuckles* Hikari is there-

Oh, and yes, her boyfriend. 

My characters has such better love lives than I do...

Anyways, thanks for reading!

-ElaraLumina