Wolves' Howl

"Commander Drake. How lovely it is to see you," she said. Commander Drake nodded. "It is wonderful to see you too, Lady Vivian," he greeted back.

Everyone else were growling, glaring, preparing to fight, or all three. Mostly all three. I followed them staring down at our enemy. My silver blades were ready to attack at any given moment. 

My eyes drifted to one of the boys in the Dark Fang clan. Like our clan, White moon, they are made up entirely of only one gender. And good-looking guys are common in the Dark Fang. Of course, us White Moon warriors aren't interested in finding love, especially with someone from the enemy, but this one boy catches my attention. 

We are familiar with most of the members in Dark Fang, especially us older White Moon warriors. Our two clans have been rivals for a very long time and had met and fought countless times. We've killed each other, we've tortured each other.

Yet, he made me hesitate. 

"That ancient treasure belongs to Dark Fang. It is in the realm of the night," Commander Drake said in a firm voice. "That treasure belonged to Lady Hilda, and therefore it rightfully belongs to White Moon," Lady Vivian said.

"Very well. Shall we settle this like always, Lady Vivian?" Commander Drake asked. The Dark Fang warriors unsheathed their weapons. Lady Vivian nodded. "Like always," Lady Vivian said and the rest of White Moon unsheathed our weapons.

Then, the silence came. The calm before the storm. The only sounds were that of the wind. 

My muscles tensed as time passed. My grip on my knives tightened.

"Attack!" both leaders yelled and arrows flew. I jumped high and dove my blades at a Dark Fang swordsman. He must be new, since I didn't recognize him and he didn't try to block or dodge my attack. Before I was able to secure victory, someone tackled me off of him.

We stumbled backwards as the Dark Fang warrior tried to pin me down. It was a flurry of blades, arms and legs. I couldn't see who had attacked me. All I knew was that the attacker was in a black suit. 

Even though I am an excellent warrior, this boy could keep up with my attacks. Barely anyone in White Moon could do that. 

Not long after, he got lucky and managed to disarm me. My silver blades clattered against a stone column. The boy was starting to succeed in pinning me down. I kicked his gut with both feet and sent him flying, before running to retrieve my blades.

My fingertips were a hair's breadth away from my weapons when I was once again tackled by the same boy.

This time, I really struggled to get him away from me. But I could finally make out his blue eyes. They were really distracting.

The boy struck his word down to the ground and I was barely able to roll away. Just as I was able to finally retrieve my weapons, the boy was already up, sword at hand.

I raised my blades and the Dark Fang warrior charged. I could barely keep up with his swings. For a swordsman, he's swift. I was still recovering from the shock of his skills and the fact that he knew how to counter my greatest strength. 

Not long after, he disarmed me again and cornered me. The wall was too high up for me to climb, and even if I tried, he'd be able to pull me down with ease. 

My heartbeat quickened as he advanced. I watched his iron sword gleam in the moonlight. 

"Answer me girl," he said and my eyes snapped up to his face. His voice was soft yet powerful, caring yet commanding.

We looked at each other. "What's your name?" he asked. "I do not answer to the likes of you," I replied. 

"Really? I saw you staring earlier."