CH. 1

North Carolina, U.S.A

July 14, 2020

2:47AM

Stormy Day, Temperature 19

As soon as the plane landed, I instantly got inside my car and was thankful that I arrived before the storm can ruin my trip back here. I started driving my car which has parked here n the airport as I watch the lightning on the dark sky dancing from one side to another. The weather forecast said this was going to be a big storm unlike any other especially in North Carolina since the eye of the storm is somewhere in between North Carolina and South Carolina and could possibly cause a few landslide and flood in some areas which forced me to come back home early. Some flights heading back here were already canceled and moved two days after so I was glad I was able to change my flight time.

Big raindrops started hitting my windshield and I cursed instantly as soon as it started to rain a little bit. I flinched when a loud roaring thunder echoes above my car which frightened me since I don't really like the sound of it especially now that I am driving alone in my car.

After a while, I finally pulled over to the parking lot and was just right on time to reach my apartment with Charles as soon as the rain has started pouring harder. I have been away for a week because of my business trip in Atlanta and now I can't wait to be back home and surprise my boyfriend. He knew my flight back to North Carolina will be tomorrow so he had no idea that I moved my flight a day early because I wanted to come home early before the storm can hit here. I didn't want to stay two more days in Atlanta because I no longer had enough money to pay for two more days there. I know Charles is still sleeping now and I can't wait to surprise him after days of being away from him.

I was completely soaked as soon as I entered the building as I was pulling my luggage with me. My hands were shaking hence the temperature inside the building which almost froze my wet armpits. Since it was a little bit late now, there weren't much people aside from the attendant by the front desk who is looking at me eagerly as I walk to the elevator.

I got onto the elevator as I watch how the heavy rain is completely covering the entire streets of North Carolina and it looked absolutely scary because of the lightning flashing on the dark night sky. I hated the sharp cracking sound of lightning as well since it could hit something or someone when it flashes. I stare at the sky and it looked really angry as the streets were covered with darkness and heavy rain.

As soon as the elevator reached our floor, I walked to our door and opened our front door carefully not to wake Charles up. I got inside silently and I was instantly stopped when I found a red silk dress over our living room which was not mine since I don't own clothes like this. I walked to it and picked it up as I leave my luggage next to the couch. I sniffed it and it definitely smelled like a female's sexy fruity scented perfume which is undeniably not mine. I threw it to the couch as I begin to feel my hands getting a little clammy with negative thoughts filling my head.

Charles couldn't do it. He would never cheat on me. I thought to myself even though there was already evidence on out living room floor.

I started getting a little nervous as my feet drags me to our bedroom which I could hear a muffled voice of a woman moaning. Someone is in there and it is definitely not just our TV. Another woman is inside our bedroom with Charles.

My heart felt completely shattered as I pace back and forth in front of the door debating if I should go inside or not. I stand here with tears flooding my eyes as I feel my hands shaking in anger and anxiety because I didn't want to catch them doing something unforgivable inside and I didn't want to know who it could be because I was not expecting that he could do this to me while I am away.