More Than This (ENHYPEN Heeseung)

It was the last day before college was going to start. You were incredibly nervous but excited because you were going to be studying your dream course. You were excited because you were going to be with your friends too.

Your phone suddenly rang. Your best friend, Heeseung was calling.

"Y/N, let's go for a picnic"

"But it's late alreadyyy and we have school tomorrow, remember?"

"I know, I know that's why we should go out, to celebrate last day before we go to college."

"Finee"

"Okay, I'll pick you up in a while."

You didn't bother to change your pajamas and just got one of Heeseung's hoodies you stole away from him. You've known each other since you were little kids and by this time, you've already gotten used to him.

"Eomma, I'm just going out for a while!"

"What?! It's already late and you have school tomorrow!"

"Heeseung's gonna bring me home! Love you!"

Heeseung was already waiting in his car when you got out. He rolled down his windows to wave at you and then you got on the passenger seat.

"So that's where my hoodie went, huh"

"You know I love your hoodies so much"

"I know you love me more"

You scoffed at his remark. "No, I don't!" If only you knew.

You didn't know when it started, you liking your best friend. You've always felt comfortable and safe when he's around and he seemed to be protective of you too lately. You didn't want to speak up about your feelings because you were scared that he didn't like you back.

People would often tell you that you both looked good together and you would get flustered when he would give you compliments. It was an unfamiliar feeling and you would often look away so he wouldn't see how red you were.

"You look cute in your pajamas"

"I know, right?"

He just laughed at you and then kept on driving. Thank god it was dark so he couldn't see how flustered you were at what he said. Soon, you arrived at an empty hilltop.

Heeseung opened up the back of his car and revealed a cute picnic set up, a lot of pillows and his guitar.

"You really went all out for a spontaneous late night picnic."

"Well, tonight is special."

You both sat down on the fort of pillows he set up and he wrapped his arms around you. Everything just felt right with you and Heeseung together watching the stars.

"I'm really nervous for tomorrow."

"Hey, I'm sure you'll do great Y/N."

"I don't know, it's the start of the rest of our lives, what if I screw it up?"

"I'm sure you won't and besides, I'm always gonna be here for you. Even if you do all sorts of embarrassing things."

"Hey!" I hit his shoulder and just laughed at what he said.

He grabbed his guitar and then started strumming. Heeseung was a really good singer. I've always wondered why he didn't pursue being an idol, he was going to be a performance arts major anyway. He started singing with a soft and melodic voice.

Ain't never felt this way
Can't get enough so stay with me
It's not like we got big plans
Let's drive around town holding hands

And you need to know
You're the only one, alright alright
And you need to know
That you keep me up all night, all night

Oh, my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad
Oh, oh my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad

Mad cool in all my clothes
Mad warm when you get close to me
Slow dance these summer nights
Our disco ball's my kitchen light

And you need to know
That nobody could take your place, your place
And you need to know
That I'm hella obsessed with your face, your face

Oh, my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad
Oh, oh my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad
Oh, oh my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad, oh

And you need to know
You're the only one alright, alright
And you need to know
That you keep me up all night, all night

Oh, my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad
Oh, oh my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad, oh
So bad, oh

Oh, my heart hurts
Oh, my heart hurts
Oh, my heart hurts
So bad, oh

He put down his guitar and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm in love with you, Y/N."

You stared at him blankly, not knowing what to say. Heeseung just confessed his feelings for you and you couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"Heeseung... I-"

"It's okay if you don't feel the same, I understand that this was very sudden-"

You grabbed his face, interrupting him with a kiss. He was shocked at first but you soon felt him kissing back. You both pulled away, stunned at what just happened.

"Heeseung, I'm in love with you too."

You couldn't but smile at each other. You felt very relieved that you were able to let out your feelings for him, and that he felt the same way too. You both continued to lay there, watching the stars together.

"I love you so much, you know that?"

"And I love you more."

He placed a soft kiss on your forehead as you slowly fell asleep in his arms.

——-

I hoped you all liked this one too!! The song is ILYSB by Lany, I didn't make up the lyrics!!

Anyway, how are you all doing? School will start soon for me so I hope I would still be able to update often! Don't be shy to talk to me or anything, I'm nice :> uwu

Thank you to everyone who has been reading and supporting my stories so far, i love u all ❤️