On The Dance Floor (ENHYPEN Ni-ki)

*Y/L/N - Your Last Name

It was almost time for the announcement. It has been a week since your audition and they were going to announce who were chosen as the dance representatives today. You saw the coach walking towards the bulletin board while holding a piece of paper that probably contained the list of the representatives.

Every year, I-Land university chooses dance representatives that would compete in the National Dance Competition. The university has been known as one of the contenders in the competition and would always bag the 1st or 2nd place. The selection of dance representatives brought about great pressure since the coach had a very careful screening process to ensure that they send out the best representatives for the school.

You were very scared and nervous but it was your mom and your best friend that encouraged you to go for it and audition. So here you were, now waiting for the results. The coach finally finished sticking the piece of paper on the bulletin board and left to go back to his office.

Immediately the crowd full of other dancers who auditioned as well swarmed through the bulletin board in hopes of seeing their names on the list. There were a few who got in, like a group of boys who I didn't know but most had a sad expression on their faces. I was getting more and more nervous as I came close to the bulletin board, still hoping I would see my name on the list. 

And there it was. 

List of Dance Representatives

Nishimura Riki

Ngô Ngọc Hưng

Wang Yixiang

Y/N Y/L/N

Lalisa Manoban

(sorry i couldn't think of anyone else ajshd)

I had the biggest smile on my face. I started fist pumping in the air and doing a small victory dance. I just couldn't contain my happiness that I almost forgot to read the announcement below the list of names.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Rehearsals will start on Saturday. Please proceed to the University Dance Room at 8am. Don't forget to bring your own food and drinks!

You quickly texted your mom and your best friend to tell them about the amazing news then you hurriedly went to your next class still with a big smile on your face.

Saturday came. You woke up early today and arrived at the dance room even before the call time. When you went in, there was already a boy sitting on the floor using his phone. He looked a bit young so you thought he was just a year under you or something. He stood up when he noticed you arrived.

"Hi, my name is Ni-ki."

"I'm Y/N."

You shook hands and then you proceeded to change into your dance clothes. A few more people arrived when you got out of the changing room.

The coach arrived and then showed you all a video of the choreography you were going to be studying. 5 dance representatives were chosen which included some of Ni-ki's friend who you've gotten to know as Hanbin and Nicholas and another girl named Lisa, who became one of your classmates in a class before.

You started warming up with your coach in the lead to prepare you all for the day ahead. You were all given time to study the choreography on your own while the coach started to distribute the parts. By the end of the day, the five of you already memorized the dance but you all know there's still a lot of work to do. The coach let you all go home at 5pm, since the janitors were about to close up the school too. It was a very tiring day indeed and as soon as you got home, you immediately flopped down on your bed and fell asleep. 

Rehearsals were scheduled everyday after all your classes. It was very tiring and you often went home exhausted but at least you really loved what you were doing. You've also grown close to the other representatives and you would often hang out even outside of rehearsals.

You grew closest to Ni-ki, who was actually the same batch as you were. He only transferred to your university a year ago, together with his friends Hanbin and Nicho. You found him to be very much like you, and you both shared the same interests. You always have fun whenever you hung out with Ni-ki. He may seem a little serious at first but once you both warmed up to each other, he turned out to be a crackhead and would pull off silly jokes and banter.

The competition was drawing near and rehearsals have been more exhausting than before. You were all trying to master the dance to a point where even if you all closed your eyes, your moves would still be in sync and able to maintain the correct formations. Your dance also included some stunts so you all had to work on those too. Time flew fast and it was already your competition the next day.

You were very nervous but you know you prepared well. You got into your costumes and stood backstage watching the performance before yours. The music ended and the crowd burst with applause. They were really good.

"Hey, Y/N. Let's do great out there."

"I know we will, Ni-ki."

"Say if we win 1st place, will you go on a date with me?"

You were about to answer but was abruptly stopped with the host announcing the name of your group. You quickly went into formation and waited for the music to start. 

Let's just say your performance was phenomenal. The crowd were clapping loudly and you could see your mom and your best friend giving you a standing ovation. You all tried to catch your breath as you gave the audience a bow.

Your group was the last to perform so it was already time for the announcement of the winner. The host congratulated all the groups that performed. Being able to dance on this stage already meant you were a winner. They first called out the groups who weren't part of the top 5 and soon enough it was only your group and the one who performed before you who was left on stage. 

You felt Ni-ki hold your hand as you all waited for the host to announce the winner. 

"The 1st place for the National Dance Competition 2020 is .... I-Land University!"

You all started jumping around the stage, expressing immense joy. You even saw Hanbin shed some happy tears because of the announcement. The host handed your coach the championship trophy and you all proceeded to take some pictures on stage.

As you all went back to change your clothes and get your stuff from the dressing rooms, Ni-ki pulled you aside. 

"So .... about my question, we won first place so ...." he trailed off while looking down and being his cute shy self.

"We can go out tomorrow then."

"REALLY? You're saying yes?!"

"I would've said yes even if we didn't win first place anyway." You quickly placed a kiss on his cheek while running off to the dressing room and shouting "See you tomorrow!!!"

Ni-ki stood there with a now even bigger smile on his face. Nicholas who was coming back from taking pictures on stage noticed Ni-ki who was just standing there with a huge grin on his face.

"Ni-ki, is there a reason why you're blushing like that?"

-----

This was in my drafts for so long ajksjlas I almost forgot to publish it lmao :< but anyway here's a Ni-ki imagine so I hope you like it!  

ALSO WOW THANKS FOR 3K READS (this flop really appreciates ur comments and votes) 

Will be posting another imagine next and another scenario! Hope you are all doing well ❤️🥰