CHAPTER THREE ~ SOMEWHERE AWAY FROM HOME

Meanwhile, in Finn's rental car, Rory decided to drive because in Finn's state, always drunk, she didn't want anything to happen to her or her baby.

They arrived at the airport, and to her surprise, both Steph and Colin were waiting for their arrival. We drove the car up to the jet and parked, watching two of her best friends, standing there, Hand in Hand, together. Both of them. Colin and Stephanie. This made no sense.

Before she got out she asked, "Finn?"

He looked up at Rory, "Yeah?"

"Why are Stephanie and Colin holding hands?" She asked.

"Good Lord! I forgot to tell you! So Colin professed his love to Stephanie and she loved him back so Bing bang boom, that's that. They have been together for over four weeks now."

"Wow" she responded, "I wish my love life was that easy."

"Rory, honey, Nobody's perfect. When you tell Logan about you being with a child, with HIS child, he will be all over you again I promise."

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Because I know something you don't know..." Finn sang mischievously.

"What?" She snapped her head quickly over, looking at Finn.

"It has to do with Odette, but I'm not supposed to tell you. Logan told me not to."

"But Logan didn't know you were going to see me. He doesn't even know I am coming."

"He was, and is planning on surprising you and in some big way but I guess you beat him to it." Finn chuckled.

"Hmm..." she paused for a second, "What do you know that I don't?"

"That's for Logan to tell you."

"But..."

"Oh look! The car door! And oh look! Aggravated Colin waiting for us to get on the plane! And oh look! The plane!" Finn motioned towards the jet sarcastically.

Rory laughed at Finn's remark and exited the car, walking up to Colin's jet. She is greeted by Steph and Colin with a hug and then they start the board, with Finn close behind with Rory's bags.

Rory boarded Colin's jet and took her seat, across from Stephanie, they had a lot of catching up to do. The boys saw the little girl circle they created and both decided to leave them alone. Colin kissed Stephanie on her lips and smiled, then made his way back with Finn towards the farther end of the plane.

Once the plane was in the air, the girl's conversation hit lift off as well.

"So... What's up with you and Colin?" Rory asked, folding her hands on a table in between them.

"Well... long story." Stephanie smiled.

"It's a long ride." She said laughing, "I am all ears, with an occasional word." Rory said intrigued.

"OK so, Colin told me that we were having a Life and Death Brigade meeting at the bar that we usually go to so I decided to go! Because who doesn't want a little fun with the gang?"

"Right." Rory said laughing.

"But when I got there, the whole place was empty, except for Colin. Which is very odd. That night while we 'waited' for the others to come, which they never did, that was when he taught me to play pool. Now I'm a pro at it."

Rory nodded and yawned signaling for her to go ahead.

"Hold on I'm almost done Rory." Steph said when she noticed the yawn, "So when he led me through it step-by-step, his arms were around me and whatever and everything was friendly until I looked up at him and well, we kissed."