9

"So... you got into a fight and don't know what to do?"

"When you say it like that it makes me seem dumb because I made it so complicated."

"Your not dumb Landon. Your just stupid."

He looked at me with a strange face before bursting into to laughter. I soon joined in on his laughter.

"Gee thanks." He said with a smile.

"Anytime. I'm always up for calling people rude names."

"I had a feeling." He said now up from the floor and on his bed.

I walked over to him and sat down at his left side. He moved to the headboard and motioned me to sit beside him.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not really." He replied looking bummed out.

Usually when someone doesn't tell me something I just look into their head and find out myself. However, Landon was someone that I respected way too much to do so. If he wasn't ready to talk about it, then he wasn't ready.

"That's fine. You don't need to say anything at all."

He seemed to catch on to what I was implying and smiled gratefully. He laid his head on my lap and I took the liberty of playing with his black curls.

"That feels nice." He said with a satisfied smile. I didn't say anything and just continued with what I was doing.

"You know, I love Hope, like, a lot, but I just can't seem to get through to her. She doesn't listen to what I have to say. She doesn't accept my opinions. And when I tell her how I feel she just comes up with a way to dismiss what I tell her and instead she tells me how I should feel. It's so frustrating."

I thought about what he said. And it seems like he is in a shitty relationship.

"If that's how she treats you, then it's not real love. When you love someone, you don't disregard their feelings. You don't ignore what they have to say. You listen to them. You let them vent. You give them advice when they need it, you acknowledge how they feel, and you find ways to either get rid of the negative feelings or keep the happy feelings present."

Landon opened his eyes and sat up.

"Like how you treat me?"

My eyes widened. I quickly collected myself and thought about his question. Yes, I do treat him that way. However, it's not because I love him. It's because I am a decent being that respects others. Hope could never relate.

"Well, no. I don't love you. I however, respect you. Which is another thing she clearly doesn't do." I said with a pointed look.

He let out a small laugh and laid his head back into my lap. He grabbed my hand it placed it on his head. Getting the message, I continued playing with his hair and massaging his scalp.

"Maybe your right. I'll take your wise words into consideration." He joked.

"It's the right thing to do." I said with a smug smirk.

He simply ignored my comment and relaxed into me. After some time I heard soft snores coming from him. Before I knew it, I was asleep too.