23)

--friday before prom--

itve been a week since kawaii~chan stopped talking to reese, reuniting with aphmau, and she introduced aphmau to katelyn and travis, who hit it off.

but zane still wouldn't talk to her much. he'll talk to her for their project, but other than that, silence.

kawaii~chan was just missing him.

she would text him, but there would be no answer. she would go up to him in the hallway, but he would walk away. so kawaii~chan just gave up.

he doesn't like her anymore.

it was english now, and everyone was presenting. kawaii~chan turned to look at zane, who had the poster board. he was making sure everything looked okay.

kawaii~chan sighed. she was nervous about presenting, cause she didn't know what to say.

then their teacher called on them. kawaii~chan helped zane clip the poster on the board, then they turned to face the class.

kawaii~chan started telling the class about 'of mice and men' and zane would point to whatever she was talking about. after a minute of presenting, they sat down as the teacher was expanding on the book.

she turned to look at zane, who was already looking at her.

she smiled, and he turned away.

she frowned.

the bell rang, and kawaii~chan walked out of class.

she met up with aphmau, who was asking her about any process with zane. which kawaii~chan to give her the bad news with.

kawaii~chan sighed. "itve been a week, and everyone basically told him what happened. what is he waiting for?"

aphmau shrugged, "i think he just need time. i mean he was very heartbroken when he discovered you and reese was 'together' after your guys date. and he have a right to be hurt."!

kawaii~chan stopped at her locker, "i understand, but itve been a week. he could've just smile at me or say hi to me, not ignore me. i mean, im hurting too, not trying to be selfish."

then she opened her locker, and a note fell out.

hey, i noticed you've been feeling down. i hope you'll be happier tomorrow at prom.

she scoffed, "i'm not going tomorrow. there's no point in going. i'm just going to be upset, seeing all the couples being lovey dovey and being all cute."

aphmau frowned, "please go, i want you to be there!"

kawaii~chan rolled her eyes. "give me one good reason to go."

aphmau smirked, "katelyn, travis, and i got a surprise for you at prom. so you better go."

kawaii~chan ears perked up at the word surprise. "what do you mean? a surprise for me?"

aphmau shrugged and walked away, "it's a surprise!"

kawaii~chan closed her locker and looked at the note.

could this have something to do with the surprise?