Chapter 2

Toothless was left alone in the pasture, grazing in a semingly peaceful and serene fashion. Well, not exactly alone, as a bit farther from her were the other cows of Jarrus, some of them giving mildly curious glances from a distance at the new black cow. However there was indeed something beneath that phlegmatic look of her.

Her mind couldn't be as complex as it was as a dragon. Cows' brains just weren't wired for that. But deep inside of it, she, or he was still himself. Aware, in a way, of what was happening and what has happened to him. She knew what she was supposed to be. She was remembering everything. And she desperately wanted to turn back. But as soon as she would stop and try to think about it... everything was becoming more ellusive, her reasonings were losing their meaning... and it would quickly be brushed off her mind. She would return to graze, the only thing able for the time being to make her more at ease. Yet still with that same disturbing, displeasant feeling of malaise, almost sickening, lingering in the back of her diminished brain. And that was without mentioning that there were other alien feelings in her new body she had to take into account. That itchy warmth inside of her. Specifically located in the area between her hinder legs, deep under her skin. Something like a fire softly burning. Something that would make her newly shaped private parts quite more sensitive to the soft fresh breeze of Berk than they should be. That too, was making her uncomfortable.

Sometimes here and there Toothless threw a bovine eye towards the other cows. The natural ones. Looking at them, being with them, in that same living space, was causing in her mixed feelings to occur. On one hand, she shouldn't be here. She didn't want to be here with them. She was NOT part of them, and didn't want to. She was a dragon. A nightfury. Yet... it still felt kind of right ? She wasn't looking like a dragon anymore, at all. Even her own voice would confirm her that. Wasn't it, somewhat normal to be with those like her ? Like how she currently was ? How could she be around dragons now ? The mere idea of it was so intimidating, and that last thought was what she was resting on when the thinking was getting too hard to handle. And after all, she was strangely drawn towards them as she kept grazing in the field, taking step after step closer to the other cows and their youngs. A noise caught her attention behind her, and as she lifted her head up from the grass to look at the source of it, she would see two man entering the pasture after the fence's entrance has been closed. Her face took a much more expressive look. Hiccup ! Hiccup was back !

Hiccup was very confused as he followed the farmer into the enclosure made for the cows. Jarrus has been extremely vague, but it definitely sounded like something bad happened. Oh no... did Toothless go berserk on the cows ? But they didn't seem scared in the least, and their was no trace of such an event. Jarrus walked ahead of him and guided him towards the livestock. The young viking's heart was beating fast and soundful, his breath a little frantic.

Jarrus suddenly started to slow down. Hiccup looked around for Toothless, or any sign of him, but couldn't see anything. By the gods, did he ran away ?! But his panick attack would immediately be cut short as Jarrus stopped in front of a black cow. The only totally black cow he had, actually. Toothless frowned a bit, before he heard « Here he is...well, he... I mean... There is Toothless. » Hiccup looked around again, confused. « No, no... » Jarrus stopped him « Your dragon is right here in front of you. Just... no so much of a dragon anymore. »

Hiccup did look in front of you, his eyes laying upon the black cow looking at him. His heart skipped a beat. « ...Too...T-Toothless ? » The cow's green eyes, which were like weirdly...sad ? Seemed to light up as she looked back at him, and she lets out what he would hear as a moo of joy. He almost straight up fell off on his butt, stumbling backwards, thunderstrucked, befoe managing to regain balance with his iron foot. « Toothless ?! » He moved his utterly shocked eyes to Jarrus, almost believing it was a very stupid prank. « By the gods, what the hell ?! T-This can't be Toothless ! Jarrus, where is he ?! »