Not A Monster

Welcome welcome, step inside.

ALL RIGHTS GO TO STAN LEE, THW RUSSO BROTHERS AND MARVEL

I OWN NOTHING

Warning, this story could be triggering for some. If you guys want, lmk (let me kmow) in the comments, I'll put trigger warnings before the bad chapters and leave a summary of important events at the start of the next. Up to all of you!

Jus so you know, Buckys on the team in this even tho civil war hasn't happened yet because screw canon.

Wanda had never had a home. Not for long, at least. She had her first home, with their parents, but she barely remembered that one. Then, home became wherever Pietro was. Until Hydra separated them, that is. Locked away in the cell, although she believed she was doing good, she still wished she had a home. A real home with a family and a bunch of people who loved her. But she knew that would never happen, because how could anyone ever love a monster like her?

She barely spoke anymore. She was stuck on a loop, she layed awake all night, but wouldn't leave the bed when morning came. She'd ignore everyone when they tried to talk to her, wouldn't let anyone touch her. They were worried, to say the least. When she did sleep, it was haunting. Sometimes her nightmares would be inflicted on other people as well, accidentally. She hated when that happened.

Today was one of those days. She had some how fallen unconscious, and she was taunted by horrors all through the night. She had drug another in with her, and so they both watched.

They watched as a bomb struck into a building, causing the floor to cave in.

They watched as two people, a woman and a man, fell through.

They watched as a boy tackled a young girl under a bed, and cries could be heard from the hole.

"Wanda, Pietro, my babies, Run!" A female voice echoed, before an agonized scream rang out, and the voice fell silent.

"Mommy?" The little girl whispered, pressing closer to the boy. "Daddy?"

Clint woke with a start, horror painted across his features as he saw the retreating red tendrils. He sprung up, stumbling out of his room because he needed to know she was okay. When he got to her room, he opened the door to see her curled up in a mess of blankets, tears streaming down her face. She opened her mouth, to apologize or ask if he was alright or just say something, but the only sound that came out was a broken sob. She was at the end of her rope, she couldn't do this anymore. So she held open her arms, her teary, fearful eyes meeting his comforting ones. He understood, he was a dad, of course he understood. So he stepped closer, pulling the young girl into him.

He was on his back, arms wrapped around her body as tight as he could hold without hurting her. Her head was buried in the crook of his neck, practically ontop of him. Her fists were tangled in his shirt, refusing to let go, refusing to let him let her go. Even if he had no intent of that.

He ran a surprisingly steady hand through her hair, greasy and matted. Tears slipped from his eyes as he heard her heart wrenching wails, because goddammit she didn't deserve this. Neither of them did. But its what they got, because the world is cruel and unfair and didn't deserve someone like her.

He murmured soothing words to the teen until she had cried herself to sleep, yet he made no move to leave. As he lay with her in his arms, he swore a silent oath to himself and her brother. He would protect her for the both of them. He would never leave or give up on her. He would fight with and for her, no matter what. And the thing about Clint was, he didn't break promises. Ever.

The night carried on surprisingly without incident. Maybe Clint helped, or maybe she was just that done. Morning came and she still slept soundly. The same could not be said for Clint. He got no sleep, staying up to make sure she was alright.

"Hey," Nat poked her head in, eyes softening at the sight of the two. "Team meeting." Clint went to speak, but she beat him to it. "Let her sleep. I'm gonna need you with me on this one,"

He slipped out from under the sleeping girl and tiptoed out of the room, glaning back at Wanda before allowing Nat to lead him away.

"What's this about?" He asked, glancing at her worriedly.

"Her," Nat jut her thumb back, pointing to the room the had just left. "And I think we should hurry up."

When they entered the room, everyone else was already present.

"Barton. Ramnoff. Have a seat and let's begin." Steve said, gesturing from his seat at the head of the table to two others. They silently sat. "Now, we need to discuss the situation of Miss Maximoff-"

"Oh, cut to the chase, Steve." Tony cut in. "Fact is, I have to think of everyone in the tower, their safety. I don't want her here, she's a danger to society." Clint grit his teeth.

"Where else will she go?"

"Preferably prison," Bruce muttered, earning a glare from Natasha.

"She chose the right side in the end," Bucky argued. "She just needs guidance."

"I hate to say it, but Bucky's right. She needs a home-" Sam spoke.

"No," Everyone glanced to Rhodey. "Think about it. What if she has an episode, or snaps? Think of all the people she could hurt."

"She's a monster." Tony seethed. "And she is not welcome here."

"Tony-" Steve began, but was cut short once more by Natasha's hand slamming down on the table.

"Have you ever had your entire life ripped away from you, carved out of your brain?" She spat.

"Every belief, memory, emotion, all of it gone?" Bucky jumped in.

"Your dreams, your personality, your own family?" She continued. "All gone.  Do you know what that's like?"

"Natasha-" A single look from her shut Rhodey's mouth in an instant.

"All of it gone, replaced by fear and murder and death and anger?" Bucky barked.

"The answer is no. None of you understand that!" Nat yelled. "So you know what she doesn't need? Take a wild fucking guess, guys." No one responded, a stunned silence having fallen over all of them.

"More people calling her a fucking monster. Which she isn't. She's lost fucking everything. So, if you're nice to her," Bucky ground out.

"We're not nice to you," Natasha finished. "You don't want her here, we'll find somewhere else. But if you stick her in a prison, you'll be wishing that was all we did to you."

Tony gulped. "She's not staying here." His voice shook. "Find somewhere else." His chair screeched across the floor as he stormed out.

I promise more Wanda and Clint- I need to set it up first! Lmk what you all thought!