The final straw

ULTRA
MEGA
TRIGGER WARNING
I DO NOT WANT TO HURT ANYONE WITH THIS
THERE WILL BE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS. BE CAREFUL! ILY ALL!

Everyone stayed silent, unmoving, as Clint, Nat and Bucky walked from the room aswell.

"So what the fuck are we doing?" Sam asked after a few minutes.

"This didn't really go how I planned," Steve replied.

"No shit," Rhodey rolled his eyes.

Meanwhile, Wanda was sat up in bed, eyes glowing neon red. They had stupidly chosen the conference room directly beneath her room, and she heard it all. Even though she heard the others defending her, she couldn't get the other statements out of her head.

She's a danger to society

Think of all the people she could hurt

She's a monster

She is not welcome here

Wanda sniffed, violently wiping the tears from her face. It wasn't fair to force herself onto these people like she did. She needed to go. She needed to go now. She was a monster and she refused to hurt anyone else. She knew what needed to be done, but did she have the courage to do it?

She grabbed a torn up duffel bag from the corner, throwing in a few necessities. The money Clint gave her a while ago for emergencies, an outfit of clothes, things like that. Once she was done, she zipped the bag, slinging it over her shoulder and walking out of the room, out of the building, out of their lives. Its not as if they'll miss me, she thought bitterly. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she began her walk to her destination.

She had seen the place in ads when Clint would turn the TV on the times he visited her. They were closed until spring, so she had a while to stay in there. The campgrounds were a ghost town when she arrived. There were cabins that people could rent out over the summer, which is what made it the perfect location. Holding out a glowing hand, she unlocked the door and went inside, relocking it behind her. She pressed her back to it, sliding down until she was in a ball on the ground, red swirling around her. Silent tears raced down her cheeks as her powers raged on, uncontrollable.

Clint stormed out of the conference room, whipping out his phone. He needed to talk to his family, he couldn't handle anyone else right now. Laura picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, honey." He started.

"Whats wrong?" She knew him too well for his own good.

"Remember Wanda?" He then explained everything that had happened, from the nightmare to right then and there.

"That's bullshit! She's just a kid! She's sixteen for fucks sake!" Laura raged. A true mother, she quite possibly may have been worse than Clint in the strays department.

"I know!"

"She could live with us." Clint paused his pacing, glancing at the ground, unsure if he heard right.

"Laura-"

"Don't you 'Laura' me. She deserves a home, Clint." She snapped. Kids. Always have been and always will be her weakness. "What if it was Lila. Wouldn't you want someone to take her in?"

"Goddammit Laura, you know I want this. But what will the kids think?"

"They'll love her. I don't even know her and I already do," Clint sighed in defeat.

"I'll talk to her,"

Nat saw Clint branch off, having a feeling he would be calling Laura and the kids.

"We should check on her," This was the softest she'd ever seen Bucky, yet it didn't surprise her some how. Giving a nod, they headed for Wanda's room. They had been loud, really loud, and the two of them prayed she hadn't heard what Tony had said.

They were taken by suprise when the entered the room to find it...well, empty. She hadn't moved, had no reason to, since the day they got back. She was slipping, it was plain to see. And if what Nat believed was happening was indeed happening, she feared no one could catch her.

"We need to find her."

"I know." There was a fear in Bucky's eyes as he stared at the empty room. He knew she hadn't just decided to go take a shower or get something to eat. Deep down he knew. But it couldn't be right. "Let's check the cameras first." So they did.

They watched from the security room as she stumbled out of her room, bag in hand, tears streaming down her face. Bucky looked away from Natasha, leaning his elbows on the table. "She's so young."

"I know."

"If we don't find her in time-"

"I know." She nodded sadly. "But we will. We'll find her." The promise died of her lips, though. Because he didn't say they wouldn't find her. It was the condition they might find her in that was worrying him.

You couldn't save any of them! Wanda's mind screamed, the storm inside her raging almost as strong as the one inside. They're all dead, its all your fault! She had put a few pieces of ply wood against the door as a just in case, even though her powers were enough to keep it closed a thousand times over. She couldn't trust them right now, not with them running wild. She couldn't trust anyone. Or, more accurately, they couldn't trust her.

She picked up a large shard of glass from a window she had accidentally shattered on the door a few minutes prior, staring at her reflection in it.

She looked like shit. Her hair was a notted mess, remnants of mascara she had forgotten to take off weeks ago ghosting her cheeks. Blood shot eyes glowed red, with magic or not she wasn't sure. Her hollow cheeks and overall dead expression almost hurt to look at.

Turning the glass over and over in her hand, she proceeded to stare at it. She knee what had to be done, and now she could finally do it. She'd get to see them all again, she just had to take that one final step.

An odd sense of peace set over her as she held the glass to her wrist, taking a deep breath and tilting her head up.

"There's nothing left for me," she murmured. Shutting her eyes, she braced herself for the pain she knew was coming. A pain that wouldn't last long, though. She clenched her muscles, pressing the sharp edge down on her wrist.

Cliffy >:)

Lmk what you think so far in the comments! Any ideas what should come next? Updates may be all over the place, as i have many many things on my plate rn! Hang in there.