Welcome Home

Wanda sat on her bed once more, staring out the window yet not truly seeing the beauty the outside world held. She hadn't seen it in quite some time, if she was honest.

It'd been a week since that fateful day at the campgrounds, and she absentmindedly ran her hand over the still healing skin. It felt strange, unfamiliar. She had a bag of necessities packed, Clint was taking her to his farm today. She had been reluctant to go, still was. He had children. A pregnant wife. What if she lost control? What if she hurt one of them? Or worse, killed them?

"Hey," Clint crouched down in front of her. She wasn't 100% sure when he had come in. Taking her soft, small hands into his callused ones, he continued to speak. "It'll be alright, everything 'll be fine. You'll see. They're all so exited to meet you." She gave a stiff smile, fear still coursing through her veins. He grabbed her bag, slinging it over his shoulder and pulling her to her feet. He threw an arm around her as he guided her from the room.

When they reached the platform where the jet they were taking to the farm sat, they immediately noticed two figured standing there. One's dark hair whipped around behind them, yet a faint smile graced their lips. The other's hair was tied up into a loose braid, a strand blowing into their face. They were smiling as well.

"Leaving so soon?" Nat called, beginning to walk towards the two. Bucky followed close behind.

"We just could not stand another moment with you," Clint teased.

"At least Wanda loves me," Nat wrapped her arm around the girl in question, pulling her away from Clint and over to her. Clint scoffed.

"Replacing me already, Ramnoff?" She rolled her eyes, turing to give Wanda a proper hug. "Now, you tell Laura I say hello. I don't trust that loser over there-" she glanced at Clint pointedly. "-to remember to. And stay safe, have a little fun. Let yourself live, Little Witch." Wanda nodded, releasing her and turning to Bucky. Nat and Clint were saying their goodbyes as he pulled her close.

"Listen, Witchling. I know this must hurt so, so bad right now. But you have to hold on, okay? With everything you have. We need you just as much as you need us. You'll see," He pulled away, hands on her shoulders as he looked her up and down.

"Alright, love. You have everything you need?" Clint clarified, receiving a nod. "So, then I think we're good to-"

"Leaving without so much as a goodbye? Where's my hug, Wanda?" Sam strut out the door, throwing his arms out. Bucky snorted in response. "How you wound me!" He placed a hand over his heart, wiping away a fake tear from his eye dramatically.

Wanda jumped into his arms, giving hin a quick, tight hug. "Have fun, kiddo." He whispered, waving as the two walked up into the ship. Wanda paused halfway up, turning around with a faint smile on her lips that had been seen so few times.

"Thank you all. For everything." Sam made a heart with his hands before pointing at Wanda. She giggled, causing Clint's face to light up. It was a start, a start he was beyond greatful for.

They both sat down in the pilot seats of the jet, taking off into the sunrise, basking in the bright colours.

Back on the landing pad, Nat glanced at Bucky. "Are you crying?"

"No," He wiped at his cheeks fiercely. "I just-uh- just got dust in my eyes. T-thats it."

At the farm, the kids sat on the creaky front porch steps with Laura behind them, a hand resting on her bulging stomach and the other firmly placed on her hip. She watched as a grey dot appeared on the horizon, and crouched down to her children's level, pointing to it.

"Thats Daddy and Wanda! They're almost here!" She softly spoke, and Lila squealed.

"Make them come faster, Mommy!" Laura laughed at the little girl as she stood up.

"Mom?"

"Yeah, Coop?" The boy hesitated.

"What if-" He gulped. "What if she doesn't like me?" It had been nagging at him all week. What if he wasn't good enough?

"Oh, baby," She ran a hand through his unruly hair. "She'll love you."

"How do you know?" He glanced up at her.

"I just do." The jet had grown closer, loud enough it cut off anything else she had to say. It sent their hair flapping this way and that as it hovered just above the ground, legs extending out. The noise slowly died down as the engine was cut, the wind calming significantly aswell.

The door lowered and Clint walked down the platform. His children raced across the open field, meeting him im the middle as he tossed his bags down and swung his daughter into his arms, his free one pulling his son close.

Laura gave him a kiss and a quick hug before she continued past him, walking up to the young girl standing frozen in the door to the jet. She looked Wanda up and down as she slowly approached. She was overly skinny with fresh looking scars poking out from the sleeve of her black top that basically hung off her frail frame. She had low hanging bags under her eyes and a guarded look in them. A fearful look, almost.

"Hello, My Sweet. I'm Laura." She pulled the girl into a hug. Wanda slowly brought her arms up to return the gesture. This hug was different than the ones she normally got. It made a warm feeling swell inside her. A feeling she'd not felt in a very, very long time. It made her feel safe yet free, at home and alive. Soon enough, she melted into the older woman, who smiled knowingly as she pet Wanda's hair.

The girl was beautiful inside, Laura could feel it radiating off of her. She knew that Wanda had a kind and strong heart. That she had a long fight ahead of her. But locked in this embrace, Laura could only find two words inside of her that she managed to murmur into Wanda's ear.

"Welcome home."