Chapter 3: A day in Melromarc

A/N: Ok, so chap 3. I will tell you now that I will not update on a sunday. It's my personal rest day. However, I will write on sundays cause I enjoy it. My next update will be on Friday. 

Enjoy! 

I don't know if I should be confused, mad, or maybe insulted that everyone has party members, except for me.

I think I'll choose all of the above, but I kept my thoughts to myself.

"Umm" I saw that the other three heroes looked confused as well, and the king didn't look like he cared, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't right? Right? Author-san?

Anyways, here I was, standing dumbfounded, confused, and literally alone, in the same clothes as before, shield and knife in arm, arms?

"Does no one want to join the shield hero's party?" the king asks. I look around to see no one, volunteering, and everyone looking away. Until-

"I will join the shield hero's party !" I look to the gate and see a girl with crimson hair.

"My name is Myne and I would like to join your party Mr. Shield hero." Ok sure why not since EVERYBODY ELSE doesn't want to.

"I gladly accept your joining Ms. Myne" I smile at her, glad that at least someone cares.

"Now that that's over, you may begin your adventure mighty Heroes! To save Melromarc!"

Timeskip

The town looked like what you'd expect to see on a midieval setting. Stands of food, weapon shops, among others. Me and Myne stopped at a certain Black smith shop to buy some gear.

"Hey there, how can I help ya?" A large man with a bald head and a beard, probably in his 40s greets us inside.

" We would like to get some armor, and probably some weapons."

"Alright, follow me." He leads us of to the back of his shop. He had a lot of stuff in there ranging from swords, to spears, to axes, and shields. A certain shield caught my eye, a curved rectangular shield with a space like pattern and a gem in the center. I went to examine it.

When I touched it, the gem on my shield glowed and it showed a question saying "Weapon copy system activated. Do you want to copy this shield? Yes or no?" I was shocked and impressed. Out of curiosity, I pressed yes.

Meteor Series Shield Unlocked

Skill: Meteor Shield

Equip effect: +20 Def +5 Agil +2 Spd

That's some good stats! I wonder what meteor shield is? I might check it out later. I equiped the shield, and instantly, an identical copy of the shield appeared on my hand.

"What the hell just happened!" I turn around to see Erhard with a shocked expression on his face. I guess that would be my reaction as well if someone just copied one of my own creations in the blink of an eye.

"Some kind of weapon copy system. I'm gonna pay for it, don't worry. How much do you want for it?"

"Well it was originally 90 silver, but since I get to keep the shield, then I'll take 45 silver; half the price."

"Oh well that's alright. Now, can you help us get some armor and a weapon for Ms. Myne here." I point at her.

"What about you Sir Shield hero? Don't you need some armor as well." Myne asks with a confused look.

"I have pretty high defense being the shield hero, as for weapons, I got my knife with me." She had a slight shocked look on her face; was I not supposed to have high defence?