3| Three

Jaehyun's dark orbs held a dreamy tint as he shamelessly stared at the blue-haired angel beside him. He was almost sad that Taeyong would change such a fitting color so soon, but he looked forward to the next one that would make him look just as gorgeous.

He will just have to make today and tomorrow count before the weekend whisked him away.

Jaehyun started to feel less awkward around the other. Thanks to Taeyong having the patience to deal with Jaehyun's nervous self. They rarely talked, but the two spent almost two weeks passing notes and getting to know each other. They learned things like Jaehyun's favorite teacher (not Ms. Kim) and how their days are going.

He learned that Taeyong, vaguely, changes his hair color based on his mood. Jaehyun knew there was more to it, but didn't pry. They weren't close enough. When he told Johnny, he wasn't that surprised to hear that check out.

It's annoying that they haven't gotten past the note exchanging stage, especially to the social blue-haired butterfly. But it was better than no communication. It was better than Jaehyun avoiding the other. Well completely.

- You look like Squirtle.

Jaehyun sent it to Taeyong. A quick, ninja-like swipe later, the note was back in Jaehyun's possession.

- I prefer Suicune.

Jaehyun chuckled at the older's response as he wrote his own. It was like they were on a whole other planet with these notes. No one else mattered as they discreetly conversed, not even the teacher or her annoying ramming of the lesson.

- What?? Why?

- Because he's badass. End of story.

The younger accidentally let out a snort, earning the attention of the girl in front of him.  She quickly turned back around when she saw Jaehyun noticed her. The pink tint growing on her cheeks noticed.

A paper gently flittered its way on his desk.

- I think she likes you.

- Reolli? Oof.

The soft giggle emitting from Taeyong was enough to make Jaehyun faint. It was like music to Jaehyun's ears, and he loved making the other laugh. If he could, he would spend all of eternity doing it.

- Totally. She's pretty too.

- I guess.

- Not your type?

- Nah, I'm into metamorphmagus's.

- Huh?

Jaehyun just smiled at Taeyong, leaving the boy clueless. Even when another questioning note sent his way, he responded with the same beautiful smile. It was one that made his eyes crinkle and nose scrunch. Any granny would want to squish his cheeks, Taeyong wanted too.

"Alright, class. I'm giving out a project. It's worth 40% of your grade for this marking period. You'll be working with your seat partners," The teacher suddenly said, while handing out the guideline. It caught everyone's attention. Even the kids half-asleep in the back. She continued explaining, and Jaehyun felt giddy. Most students groaned at the thought of a project. But there were always those odd ones who were excited.

Jaehyun was one of them. Not only would they have to (actually) talk, but they'd have to meet up outside of school for the project.

Ms. Kim finished explaining the project and let the students discuss it for the rest of the class. It was one they had to make time on their own to work on it. She said they weren't going to have much class time to do it. Which meant students had to take time out of their free time if they wanted good grades. And this would not be the last project like this. Yay, seniors.

"We can start this during the weekend. Wanna come to my place?" Jaehyun nodded and realization of how Taeyong's color-matched him that week stroke in his mind. Blue meant stability or confidence. In Jaehyun's eyes, Taeyong had confidence. He had a lot of it, and the younger was envious. He wishes he could be as bubbly and talkative as the other.

Suddenly, a girl with short blonde hair and a full face turned around. She was staring right at Jaehyun and addressed him. "Hey, my friend here likes you." Her small hand whisked towards the girl beside her. He recognized her as the blushing one from earlier. Taeyong had said the same thing to him. "Would you like to trade partners?"

The blue-haired male looked between the exchange warily. "Nope. I'm good." Surprise surged through the small group, even Jaehyun himself. Assured with who he wanted to work with, he didn't hesitate to tell the girls no. When the blushing one tapped her friend and told her to forget about it, Jaehyun focused all of his attention back on Taeyong. "Why don't we start our outline? So we don't have to trip over ourselves this weekend."

"You didn't have to do that," Taeyong said, probably red in the face with how hot and flustered he felt. He felt bad. But felt more glad that Jaehyun chose to stay with him. Call him selfish, but he didn't want anyone else as his partner.

"It's okay. I wanted to be your partner, anyway." Jaehyun smiled Taeyong's favorite smile towards him, and he swore his heart was trampolining in his chest cavity.

The confidence and self-assurance was a front. Taeyong struggled with his self-esteem and self-image. Tiny things like that brought up his low self-esteem a little bit. So did his hair, even if it's slowly dying. "Good, me too," Taeyong replied, feeling a genuine smile break through his mouth.

They started their annoying class project and talked for the first time in a while for the rest of the class.

Blue was stability.