6| Six

A sudden swat against the right side of his forehead startled Jaehyun out of his half-asleep daze. It didn't sting more as it tickled.

The paper fell in front of him, and he rolled his eyes with a small smile playing at his lips.

Opening up the crumpled paper, it read in scribbled handwriting:

- Do you like pizza??

Of course, he liked pizza. What type of person didn't? A crazy one. That's who.

- Yah

He flicked the paper back over to Taeyong with his middle finger and thumb. Jaehyun made sure to aim for the face, hitting Taeyong square in the nose. Taeyong exclaimed a quiet, "fuck" in surprise and immediately checked to see if the teacher noticed. Fortunately, she didn't. Like the old bat she was, losing all her hearing and everything.

Jaehyun chuckled at revenge and paid attention again. Surprisingly, he'd become more interested in his psychology class despite hating Ms. Kim and the boring introduction to it. Now it was getting interesting.

Jaehyun groaned loudly in pain as the paper made its way back after hitting his eye. He slapped a hand to his watery eye and tried to rub away the burning sensation. Taeyong couldn't help but giggle. He made sure to hide it behind his hand as discreetly as possible.

"Gentleman, is everything okay over there?" Ms. Kim asked, annoyed with the rambunctious disruption.

Taeyong nodded, still giggling, as Jaehyun said 'no' and dropped his head carelessly onto the desk. It made a loud banging sound, but Jaehyun didn't care. The pain in his forehead was not half as bad as the stinging of his red eye.

It seemed like everyone joined in on Taeyong's laughter, entertained by Jaehyun's suffering. "Everyone calm down. Jaehyun, if you need to see the nurse, then go ahead. Please don't interrupt my class again."

"I understand, and I think I'll be alright." He responded, picking up his head and still rubbing his eye. The teacher nodded, and when the class calmed down, she continued.

"You owe me for this," Jaehyun whispered with a cute pout pointed in Taeyong's direction.

The older smiled at his little antics and how adorable it was. "Of course. Read the paper."

Jaehyun did as told. He roughly opened the note with his long fingers, ripping the corner in the process, and read it.

- Then me+u pizza and a movie tonight. No dumb project!

The bell rang, and Taeyong stood waiting for Jaehyun's response as he slowly packed his items, like the snail he was. Jaehyun ruffled Taeyong's soft and orange hair and said, "Sure." Then he made his way over to Johnny, missing Taeyong's first bump in the air, and mouthed 'yes!'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The black bookbag went flying across the room as Jaehyun flung it and body-slammed onto Taeyong's comfortable queen-sized bed. The bed was calling his name ever since Taeyong let him through the front door. He made sure to take his shoes off and greet Ms. Lee before running off to Taeyong's room. He left the older there talking anxiously to his mom about something he wasn't allowed to know. Probably some family situation.

The brunette cuddled into the gray duvet and waited for the promised pizza and movie. Having been in the room only a couple of times, he took the time to observe it. Properly, anyway.

The walls were a lighter color on the beige side. The ceiling and carpet being white. It was stain-free. Jaehyun commended Taeyong for that. Then he looked at the white door, which was still Taeyongless.

A pretty big flatscreen tv sat on the gray dresser in front of him. Netflix was on its screen, dimly displayed. He got bored of staring at it and went back to watching the door, urging Taeyong in his mind to show with fresh and warm pizza.

Just his luck, the door opened, and Taeyong walked in with the huge box. The smell of melted cheese caused his stomach to grumble, and he couldn't wait any longer for the delicacy he craved all evening. Taeyong sat on the other side of the bed and placed the box before them, plates and soda sitting on top of it.

As they grabbed slices, Taeyong silently chose a movie. The silence wasn't awkward, but it bothered Jaehyun. Taeyong wasn't acting like his usual joyful self. It contrasted with the meaning of his hair color that week. "Are you okay?" Jaehyun asked, setting his plate of pizza to the side and turning to face Taeyong.

"Yeah, I feel better with you beside me, though." He whispered, gently brushing Jaehyun's overgrown bangs out of his face. Jaehyun felt warmth pool in the pit of his stomach, and he knew it wasn't from the hot ass pizza he half-devoured just a second ago.

Taeyong's hand lingered a second longer on the side of Jaehyun's face, almost cupping his cheek. "Wanna watch Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse?"

"Fuck yeah!" Jaehyun said, turning towards the tv again.

They were content eating greasy pizza and watching a movie while cuddling that night. They lowkey flipped off their project. They decided to focus on more important matters instead.

And Jaehyun would never know just how much Taeyong meant when he said he felt better with Jaehyun with him. Because when life was beating him down, he felt the superficial happiness he projected come to life with the younger right beside him. He could never get enough of the dimply smiles and bright radiance the other emitted.