5| Five

Jaehyun plopped a seat on the vent between Johnny's desk and the window. It was up against the wall, right under the window. It was way before the class began, Jaehyun was dropped off early and walked in to see Johnny sleeping at his desk.

He sat on the vent and kicked Johnny's shin. The taller male jumped up and looked around groggily. When he spotted Jaehyun, he stuck his tongue out like a child. "What do you want?" He asked in between a yawn.

Jaehyun chuckled at how cute his sleepy friend was. "The color white means safety or innocence. It's a very pure or positive color."

Johnny raised his eyebrows and leaned back while crossing his arms over his chest. "Oh?" Jaehyun nodded, looking smug over knowing before Johnny. Honestly, he loved the feeling. The feeling of being let in on a secret no one else knew.

And quite literally, no one else knew besides him. He was the first person in the student body to see. It made him feel special, and he soaked in it. "You know this because?"

Jaehyun smirked and pointed at the white-haired Taeyong, who had just walked in. Taeyong blissfully sat at their desks and played on his phone, not feeling the gaze of two people watching him.

Johnny looked back at Jaehyun with a knowing smile. "You two getting close?"

"Yes, and he asked me to help him dye his hair when I went over on Sunday to work on our project," Jaehyun said, not noticing the third person joining them.

"Who?" A silky smooth voice asked beside Johnny. They both jumped in surprise and whipped their heads in that direction. There sitting at the desk connecting Johnny's was a beautiful male. His ravenette hair contrasted with his clear pale skin.

His posture was graceful like he was eating dinner with the Queen of England. Jaehyun recognized him but still couldn't place a name to the face. "God, Ten. Don't creep up on us like that." Johnny breathed out.

Ten. Jaehyun would have to remember that name. The name he keeps forgetting, which was dumb. It was a simple name. Heck, it was a number!

Nose crinkling and eyes turning into dark crescents, Ten laughed. His huge infectious smile made Jaehyun smile too. "Sorry. Anyway, who are you guys talking about so passionately?"

"Jaehyun is talking so passionately about Lee Taeyong," Johnny stated, wiggling his brows at the blushing Jaehyun who was just exposed.

Ten looked at Taeyong then back at Jaehyun. "You mean the guy who keeps dying his hair?" Jaehyun nodded. "His poor hair. It's going to fall out!"

The three laughed. "Probably," Jaehyun responded, sending a soft gaze in Taeyong's direction. The other didn't notice as he was too busy playing a game on his phone. "I'm
going to my seat."

Johnny nodded and gave his undivided attention to Ten, who started rambling about some drama he watched the other night.

"Hey," Jaehyun quietly said, while sliding into his chair. It almost sounded like a whisper, which was a big contrast to how he was just speaking with his friends, all loud and unruly. He was still nervous around Taeyong.

After all, he was his crush, and his self-consciousness skyrocketed to the roof when he's near him. No matter how close they were becoming as friends, the clammy palms and stuttering words still barricaded through the surface. It made it hard for him to delve deeper into what could be a beautiful friendship. But he couldn't help the emotions coming from his heart even if his brain tried to reason with it.

"Hi, cutie." Taeyong closed the game on his phone and turned it off. He looked at Jaehyun with the most confident smile, and he almost melted. The nickname made him feel all warm inside.

Knowing his face was turning red by the heat of his ears, he turned away and fidgeted with the side of the desk. "Did you sleep well?" Jaehyun asked his hands.

Taeyong chuckled at the mess in front of him, feeling proud of his work. "I think your hands did." He was messing around with the other but couldn't lie that he enjoyed seeing how red he could get the others pale ears. It was a cute quirk of his, one that gave away many of his feelings and secrets.

Johnny could always tell when the other was lying by his ears, and Jaehyun hated it. He couldn't even fool Taeyong, who leaned closer.

Taeyong poked Jaehyun's cheek. "Why so nervous? Do I make you nervous?" The younger shivered in his seat at the lower octave Taeyong's voice took on.

He started panicking at the way his heart reacted. It made is brain fog up, and he wanted nothing more than to be swallowed by the ground that very moment. "No¿"

The questioning response was funny and caused Taeyong to pinch the burning right cheek under his fingers. Their teacher walked in and relieved Jaehyun of the unbearable situation.

A deep breath he didn't know he was holding pushed past his mouth, and he slumped in his seat. Any second longer of Taeyong teasing him, he might've bolted out of the classroom.

"Alright, class, let's pick up where we left off last time," Ms. Kim's annoying voice irked through the thick air. Jaehyun never thought he'd be so grateful towards his least favorite teacher, but life is full of surprises.

He got out his notebook and listened to the high pitched drilling of the emotional behaviors human beings display. Despite hating this class, he found himself interested in the lesson of the day.