The Day To Come Tomorrow...

The once empty castle was filled with life once more. The gates were fully opened, servants and maids ran inside and out as they did their chores. Guards took their position in front of the doors, making sure everyone inside the castle will stay safe.

Ban, Elie, Jin and Lilyan, all four of them walked through the lately mopped and cleaned halls.

Elie: " it's been like ages since I had to see this place!"

She said running like a kid and spinning around, enjoying herself.

Ban: " slowly or you may slip... down."

He meant it as a joke but it really happened before he could even finish his sentence. Elie struggled to stand up and hit her head while her tongue stack out.

Elie: " I'm surely a klutz."

They all giggled at her.

Ban: " still, you was here just last year right?"

Elie: " well, it wasn't exactly the same way."

She said with a bright smile. Still, only the black and white head was able to see past that and he looked down.

That's right, she came back to the castle a year ago, but as a maid. She had to see the very one who took her parents away taking her father's and her brother's place on the throne. No one knew what she had to endure during their time in there back then. But it surely had brought sad memories to her.

Elie: " I'm just glad I can live here with Onii-chan again."

A small smile flashed through Ban's face. Something that made Lilyan sure he shared the same feelings as his sister.

Ban: " but it will be hard for me to live here again. For it's not the same building as before, right Jin?"

The other man snapped as he was called and looked at the brunette.

Jin: " right, the castle had to go through reconstruction for it was heavily damaged during the war."

Elie tilted her head.

Elie: " really?"

Ban: " you spent less time than me here so you can't tell. The whole palace was rebuilt."

Jin: " not exactly the whole thing."

They all turned back to him.

Jin: " a few areas were intact so they decided to keep them. Not to mention the basement door didn't open no matter how hard they tried so they kept it as it was."

Lilyan blinked twice.

Lilyan: " didn't open?"

Ban and Elie exchanged nods before the brunette man had a wide grin.

Ban: " yosh, time to explore."...

***

Standing in front of the mysterious door, Ban eyed it carefully.

Ban: " it seems like a normal door to me."

Jin: " check again."

He said as he moved his hand to the handle, but as soon as it got closer, sparks flew out of it in an attempt to strike him. He quickly moved his hand back before it could.

Jin: " it did the same thing even when they tried to break it or to force open it using magic."

Lilyan: " I wonder what's in there? It surely should be important since it's very protected."