Last Words...

Rina pushed the door open and looked down at the young man, her eyes reflecting a sad look.

Rina: " he is inside, but he may not be able to respond to you."

Still,the black and white haired man had to go. He had to see him.

With a thank you and a nod, he finally stepped inside the room, closing the door behind him. He looked up at the bed a few feet away from where he was standing. On it, layed none other than the man who took care of him for so long.

With slow steps, he got closer to the bed. He stopped as he was by the side and looked at the pale face of the old man, his fast breathing, his trembling eyelids...

He hesitated for a second before reaching to his hand. It was cold, like a piece of ice.

Jin: " grandfather..."

It was hard, to see the old man dying in front of him, it was harder that he thought. Despite hurting so much people, taking so many of his loved ones away, he couldn't help but feeling sorry for the way it all ended.

The white haired man's eyes slowly began to open as he started to scan around the room. Finally, his eyes landed on Jin.

He moved his mouth like if he wanted to say something, but his voice didn't come out.

Jin: " don't tire yourself."

He said in a concerned voice. His grandfather's time was already short and he really wanted to spend as much time as he could with him.

Jin: " I know you've killed my parents. I know you've hurt Elie and a lot of people, including myself as well. You've even hurt yourself too. Despite knowing all that, I couldn't... I can't hate you from the bottom of my heart."

He closed his eyes in an attempt to stop the tears from coming out.

Jin: " You've been and will always be my grandfather, the one who took care of me and rose me up. Even if you've deceived me and used me, I really still care for you and respect you."

The man's eyes were staring up as he was fighting for life. All he could do was to hear the boy as he tightly held on his hand, not wanting to let go yet.

Jin: " I'll do everything I can, so I'll fix what you... What we both had caused."

He managed a gentle small smile as he looked back at the older man. Somehow, Yoshimitsu managed to lock eyes with him.

Jin: " I just want you to know, that even if all of it was lies, even if you considered me nothing but a tool to realize you goals. I'm still thankful for you..."

His eyes slightly widened at that.

Yoshimitsu: " Jin, you're crying again?"

He said as he entered the boy's room and he quickly wiped out his tears, not wanting to show any sign of weakness, especially not in front of the one who officially adopted him.

Yoshimitsu: " what you had been through is hard, I understand that. But the world won't wait for you to pick up yourself."

He extended his hand and patted the kid's head.

Yoshimitsu: " I'll be always there for you to pick you up. So you should move forward as well."

Despite him, even if he had other intention in mind, something about the kid's look at him, filled his heart with a strange feeling. Something he didn't experience in years since he cold-heartedly let his brother fall to his dismay.

Yoshimitsu: " I'm your family now, Jin."

Even if he didn't want to acknowledge it. Even if he tried to push it back and lock it away. Something about rasing the kid up meant a lot for the older man, something about how the kid looked at him, time after time... Made me happy.

Although he wanted to admit it loud, he couldn't.

Jin: " thanks for everything... Grandfather..."

As if it was what he had been waiting for, Kaidou slowly closed his eyes as he let his soul drift away, leaving Jin alone in that room with his lifeless body...

***

I've always wanted to show Kaidou and Jin's last moments. Despite everything, a part of Yoshimitsu really cared about Jin.