twenty-three: every night after.

EVERY NIGHT AFTER

WAIT

I HAVE NEVER felt pain like like this in my whole life. this was a different kind of pain. a deeply rooted pain. a kind of pain that you will feel for the rest of your life and your loved ones around you will
never understand how you feel ever.

maizy called my father when they had placed me in a room. the pain got worse and worse every so often and i couldn't help but let out weird noises that went with the way i was feeling at the moment.

every so often, my lower back would seize up and it felt like my muscles were twisting, turning, tearing apart. they offered me medication, but I said no. i am not in the right state of mind to make decisions right now. i need my dad. i need ashton.

right now, I wasn't having any contractions. Maizy was holding my hand pretty tight and the doctor was checking how much i've dilated.

"You're five centimeters, sweetie. almost there!" I laid my sweaty head back on the hospital pillow. maizy rubbed my forehead and smiled at me gently.

"you're stunning, charlie." she said sarcastically. My hair was in a bun, pointing in every other direction. I had sweat dripping from every poor on my body, the mascara i had on from the night before was smudged under my eyes making me look like a drunk raccoon.

"fuck off, maizy."

over the next two hours, my dad still hadn't shown up. the boys were in the waiting room trying to contact ashton but he wasn't answering any of them. my contractions got closer together and felt a lot longer. i wanted to scream bloody murder every time i go one; obviously i don't handle pain too well. my dad had walked in after they checked my dilation again. eight centimeters.

"i'm sorry, char, i got caught up in a lot at work. they wouldn't let me leave," he rushed over to my side and grabbed my other hand. he rested his other hand on top of my head and game me a small grin.

"you're about to be a mom." he whispered with tears welling up in his eyes. "my baby girl is about to have a baby."

"your baby girl is about to reach down there and rip the baby out." Maizy butt into the nice moment i was having with my father. he laughed at her and i looked both of them in the face.

i sighed, "it's absolutely true. I want it out!" i could barely finish the sentence when an extremely harsh contraction hit me. I felt as though my whole body died for a second when it ended. I didn't even notice i had tears streaming down my face until Maizy handed me a couple of tissues.