04 - Scary Encounter

We went inside the building and I immediately noticed the stares of the employees. I even saw my mother grinning from a distance. Is it really that rare to see Seulgi being friendly like this? Don't tell me the heavens are on my side! I laughed at the thought.

"Stay there." Seulgi commanded me to sit on the couch. She surveyed the shelves.

"Seulgi, it's nothing big. You don't have to-"

"Found it!" She cut me off and showed me a small clear box. I rolled my eyes and just let her be.

I waited patiently as she applied some kind of wound solution on my hand. She carefully placed a bandaid on it. She was slightly shaking while biting her lip harshly.

"You know you don't have to..."

"It needs to be covered. I hate seeing blood." She said meaningfully.

I sighed at her overdramatic reaction to such a shallow cut.

"There!"

"Thank you."

"You're always welcome!" She hurried back to her shelves and placed the first aid kit on the top. "Do you have things to do?"

"Jihyo assigned me to pass something."

She nodded. "You can go now."

"Okay, thanks a lot, Seulgi." I stood up.

"No problem." She smiled and signaled me to leave.

I walked back to our department quietly. I looked at my hand and the sides of my lips rose up. She's being so kind to me!

What greeted me when I approached my cubicle was Joy, leaning on my seat with her eyes narrowing at me.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"H-Huh?"

"She's being so friendly to you! It's unfair!" She exclaimed like a child. I almost laughed. "What's the secret to that, Irene?"

"I don't know." I shrugged and smirked at her. She gritted her teeth.

She walked away and I sat on my desk. I looked around, searching for Wendy but she wasn't at sight.

"Where is she?" I whispered to myself.

I exercised my shoulders before turning my attention back to some of my unfinished drawings. These are not part of work, so there was no need to rush. I didn't have anything else to do, anyway.

"Yow." I heard Wendy's voice behind me. I turned to her.

"I was looking for you."

"The head office called me." She said as she sat down beside me.

"Why?"

"Problems with my documents. It's all sorted out now." She looked at the monitor. "Woah! That's so cool!"

"Don't look!" I rushed to exit the tab and she bursted into laughter.

"I'm not looking!" She closed her eyes with a smile enveloping her face.

"I can't show you these. They're just random characters that I draw for fun."

"You're really good. You should be more confident about your works."

I didn't answer and just reclined my back on the chair. She tapped my shoulder and glided back to her cubicle.

When evening came, I received a text from my father.

Dad: Your bodyguard can't pick you up today. He had emergency errands to run. Your mom and I are in a middle of a meeting. Book a Grab and go home.

Me: Okay.

This is ridiculous!

"Bye, Irene! See you tomorrow!" Wendy and Yeri waved at me.

"Bye!" I smiled and watched them leave. They will take a bus together since they live close to each other.

It's already 7:00 pm and I haven't booked a Grab yet. I was only standing there for no apparent reason. It was dark and all I could hear were sounds of the vehicles.

But then I suddenly heard a scream. And it was a scream filled with horror and pain. I looked around in terror and I heard the woman's voice again, screaming for help.

Out of curiosity, I followed the voice and it led me to a dark corner of our property. It was the old parking lot that is in no use anymore. There were barrels and metal poles stored in that particular corner. The place was quiet and dusky.

To my horror, I saw a woman's lifeless body on the ground. Her legs were bloody and another person was kneeling on her side. I started breathing heavily, covering my mouth with my hand.

The woman in black turned her head to me. I saw a better view of the dead person's body covered in thick blood. The killer's eyes bore into mine. And that was when I saw it. Her eyes were pure red and her teeth was covered in the victim's blood. Her fangs shined right before my eyes. Even with her black hood, her scary presence was very clear.

I am not clueless about supernatural beings. I grew up reading and watching paranormal activities and fictional creatures. I am sure, and very sure that what I am seeing right now is a vampire.

Instead of screaming frantically at what I just saw, I ran. I made it very far from the building's front entrance. With my whole body shaking in fear, my feet ran as fast as it could. My heart was abnormally beating. My tears started falling in terror.

"Oh my god!!" I bumped into someone. With eyes closed, I backed off and panicked. "Please! Don't! Don't hurt me! Please!"

I felt her hands on my shoulders. I screamed with all my might, hoping someone would hear me.

"Irene!" She shouted. "Irene, it's me."

It was like the everything fell into the bright light. I slowly opened my eyes only to be greeted by the sight of Seulgi, trying to scan my face. I screamed loudly and she instantly held my arm.

"Shh..shh, you're okay. It's fine." She comforted me. "You're okay..."

I wiped my tears and hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Why are you crying?" She asked in a tone laced with concern.

"I s-saw something!!" I cried out. "Over there!!" I pointed at the old parking area.

"What did you see?"

"A...v-vam..vampire!!" I was still breathing heavily.

"Vampire?"

"Yes!"

"Irene, that can't be true. Vampires aren't real."

"But I saw one! Someone d-died out there!" I exclaimed.

"Irene, you're seeing things. Let's go, I'll take you home."

"But I swear! Seulgi, I saw a vampire! There was even a dead person covered in blood!"

"Shh...you're just seeing things. Let's go." She guided me to her car and I went home with her instead of taking a cab. I gave her my address and I arrived safely.

I couldn't sleep that night. Every time I close my eyes, I would just see that fanged figure looking at me. That was one scary encounter!