Chapter 2

It was fairly quiet when Kyoka squealed. "Oh my gosh!"

"Something wrong, babe?" Denki asked worriedly. He never heard her make such a noise. He didn't know if it was her being shocked by something fantastic or if she saw something troubling.

"I can't believe they are here!"

He looked around to see just who his girlfriend was fangirling about. His eyes immediately pinpointed the guys who stood out. They were a punk rock band. It was easy to tell that from the way they were dressed. "Just who are they?"

"My favorite Punk Rock band!" She exclaimed.

"Good night to all those present!" The leader of the band greeted. "We are the Night Rebels and we will be your entertainment for tonight."

"Don't you think it's a little strange for a punk rock band to be doing this kind of gig?" Denki questioned. "It's kind of a formal restaurant so isn't it strange to have such an explosive choice?"

His questions fell on deaf ears. She didn't purposely ignore him but she just didn't hear a word he said. She was entranced into them. "Soooo coooool."

Denki never saw her in that state and it worried him a bit. She was practically drooling. He placed his hand on her shoulder and gently shocked her which snapped her out of her admiration daze. "You're being weird."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"You're ignoring me." He frowned. "And you were drooling."

"I'm sorry." She gave him apologetic eyes. "I guess I got lost in my admiration." She looked away from him due to being embarrassed. She felt bad about what was happening but quickly regained her composure.

"Are you ready to rock?!" The leader asked.

With nods as a response, the band began playing.

"This first song is called Burning Heart."

Denki was sure he was not enjoying the music. He didn't even think the band was that great, however, he hid his feelings about them from her. He knew she admired them a lot and he wasn't going to take that from her. As he looked around, he realized that many people there were enjoying the music and that was puzzling to him. Maybe he was overthinking things.

"Denki!" Kyoka yelled as she tapped him with her jack. Immediately, he looked towards her. "You okay?!"

He nodded and gave her a fake smile. He didn't hear what she said but from reading her lips he knew what she asked. He wondered if this was the same kind of rock their friend Tokoyami liked. He figured it wasn't but he would have to ask Tokoyami about that later.

As the band finished their first song, the waiter returned to Denki and Kyoka with the food that was ordered.

"Thank you!" They both exclaimed at the same time. Denki immediately started eating the French fries on his plate after dipping them in ketchup. Kyoka smiled as she watched him. She was not as enthusiastic as he was towards his food but she started eating soon after.

"This Donburi is really good!" She beamed. "Want to have a taste?"

"Sure." He smiled as he took some. "Do you want some fries or maybe a bite of the burger?"

She nodded. "Okay."

As they exchanged pieces of their meals, the band leader started speaking. "For our next song, we will be doing Shout to the world."

Denki's face lit up as he enjoyed the Donburi and then his burger. The explosive taste was enough for him to momentarily block out the band. He wanted to come back to this place again but at the same time, he knew the expenses would eat him alive.

Kyoka saw his face but due to the band playing, she originally thought that he was enjoying the music. As she ate, she figured that the food and the music complimented each other. She was happy to be able to share the things she loved with him. She wondered just how much she'd have to do to repay him. The thought of buying the new Musical Hero Pro-Edition game crossed her mind. She smiled at him to which he smiled back. What would make the night better?

He smiled at her smile. Surviving the music was worth it if it meant she kept smiling. He thought about the compromises he would have to make in the future but he didn't mind the idea of doing that for her. What made her so special to him? What made him fall so far? They were only dating for 6 days yet he would give up anything to make her happy. Was this true love? Was she his soulmate? Were they destined to be together? He didn't know but he was willing to find out.

A few songs later, Kyoka could see that Denki was getting a bit bored. Was he really enduring this all for her? She could tell that earlier he was smiling at the food and at her but not the music. What gave it away was the fact that when he had finished eating, his smile faded.

The music stopped as the band announced they were taking a break.

She held her hand out to him. "Babe?" She gulped after calling out to him. Her face was flushed and she felt butterflies.

"Yeah?" He replied as he held her hand.

"You don't have to like the music because I do."

"It's not about the music, Kyoka." He smiled. "I don't care for it but I care for you." This remark caused her to blush. "So, I decided that I'm going to go grab you an autograph!"

Her face turned redder. She gripped his hand tighter. "No! Kaminari, no!"

He smiled as her as he stood up, pulling his hand away from hers. He knows that she was a bit shy but he wasn't. "Just sit back and let me do this for you, babe." This was the moment he needed. The moment to get an item of importance. He walked up to where the band was hanging out.