Chapter 6: Peter? In School?

MJ and Ned knew about what happened on the last mission the Avengers had.

They both were one of the first people to know about Venom, they were told about him and they fully supported Peter through the troubles. They were horrified at first when they heard that this weird monster was within their friend, but they weren't scared of Peter and he was thankful.

Three days ago, Tony called them both and told them about what happened to Peter and that he would be locked up in the time being. They both couldn't bring themselves to believe the man, but when they saw Peter absent the next day, they had to face the facts. Flash for the next few days, after Peter had been locked up, was mostly just confused. He even knew that it was weird that Peter disappeared when he cares so much about school. MJ and Ned were surprised when he didn't bully them, but they knew why and it was understandable.

It's been five days and most people in school have noticed the missing teen and only two of those people knew where he was. They just wish that he's doing okay.

Ned was getting his books out of his locker for Physics class, MJ standing beside him telling him the plan for the next Decathlon practice.

"OH MY GOD! Is...Is that Peter?!" Some girl cried out as she glanced out the window to a familiar face.

Ned and MJ froze. Peter? Out? Here? There was no way!

They both knew that Peter wasn't meant to be out at all until a cure was found to his mess with Venom. But he was right there...

Peter Parker walked through the school doors and to say he looked different was an understatement; he was dressed in dark blue jeans, a white t-shirt that, instead of a science pun, contained a quote that said 'I Don't Run From Monsters, They Run From Me.' And over that; a black leather jacket along with some chains attached at the belt of the jeans. His shoes also contained chains, but that wasn't what scared everyone.

What scared everyone, was the red spots on Peter's shoes and t-shirt along with a small scar on his forehead. This wasn't Peter. Peter would be smiling, wearing a science pun t-shirt with a hooded jacket and a worn-out backpack. This Peter, not only was wearing a completely different style and had some unexplainable red, he was walked confidently through the halls with a sinister smile.

As the new Peter made his way towards Ned and MJ, whispers filled the hall from those who looked at Peter in fear, shock, and confusion:

"Is...Is that really Peter?"

"Why is he dressed like that?"

"Are those chains?! Did he go to jail?!"

"I'm begging someone to pinch me."

"Is that a smoothie spill or did he kill someone?"

"You're in on the jail theory?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Um...he is kinda scaring me right now..."

"I don't think that's Peter..."

"Did he really change or is this some sort of joke?"

Peter stood in front of his friends in silence before greeting them: "Ned...Michelle," He turned to the girl who raised an eyebrow at the sound of her first name: "Long time no see, how you been?"

They didn't answer. They just stared at Peter wondering what the hell was going on.

"You two sure are quiet today, something wrong?"

It was MJ who snapped out of her train of thoughts and answered: "Uh, kind of... aren't you supposed to be locked up or something? Tony told us that there's been another Venom problem." She whispered the last two sentences to make sure no one was listening to their conversation.